Lightsaber collectors: Show your stuff

Well, while technically mine as I made them for my kids for Christmas, here are some PVC full contact kids sabres. These are my first attempts at sabres of any kind, so go easy on me :lol

First up is one for my eldest's friend that his mum commissioned

F8627FC6-539E-4E2E-805F-0AAE8FFE03D2-227-00000014778F2EF7.jpg

B0D13777-E681-4081-912B-274917C92009-279-0000001ED5944124.jpg

and my kids three (I didn't get time to take pics of them finished, only just managed to wrap them last night, whew!)

7995BD0B-7417-4182-8A72-2C0F4AEF165B-1004-00000123BB9E3DE4.jpg

6273E543-0DA6-4C02-8243-E8AA0388E7C9-279-000000231FE70771.jpg

Each one cost less than £30 to make, and all the added bits were cast offs from products at work, or modded nerf parts and other random pieces. The blades are lit with a single LED so the blades can be removed for wearing the hilts on a belt.

I have worked out a list of readily available parts after these lot, so more are on the horizon, plus I have some styrene to play with and see if I can get some neat detail on the hilts.

I can see its going to be one of those continuous projects I can't help fiddling with every now and again, I enjoyed it too much :lol

Oooh I'll play!

Luke ANH - Top half real graflex, Roman's clamp, Aluminum bottom half. Blastec grips, bubble, D-Ring assembly:
luke-anh1.jpg

Parks Obi-Wan ANH:
obi-anh1.jpg

Larbel Vader ANH (sorry for the bad pic)
vader-anh1.jpg

Luke ESB - Top half real graflex (resin buttons), Roman's clamp, Blastec Grips, D-Ring, Edge Card
luke-esb2.jpg

Luke ROTJ - I think this is an SD Studios but I'm not sure, traded for it here YEARS ago
luke-rotj-2.jpg

Vader ROTJ - Hardware build from a group project here years ago. Needs some repair (on my to-do list)
vader-rotj-1.jpg

Obi-Wan TPM - Larbel EL ready
normal_DSCF8845_800x450.jpg

Here's my updated collection.

From left to right:

MR Qui-Gon Jinn, Collector's Edition
Resin Obi-Wan, painted by myself
Larbel Obi-Wan, 1st edition
eFx Resin Obi-Wan
SD studios Obi-Wan
Custom Graflex replica project
All real parts Luke ANH
Nicksdad's Luke ROTJ hero
Unknown maker Luke ROTJ V2 (still looking for the maker)
MR Yoda AOTC, limited edition
MR Darth Maul, limited edition

73478_10200155163136207_958713812_n.jpg

I resemble that remark!! ;)
:lol:lol:lol
I like the MR stuff myself. I sold all of them to help get my kid educated .. I miss my V2 sig. So far I got another USA MR ROTJ made byDymso Only 500 of those out there and very scarce for sure. i have the MR V-2 and Oz is making me a super accurate V2....I'll wheather it(because I am so awesome at relicing)LOL. I'm trading the reveal for it. The eFx reveal was hard for me to like. I'll get pics up soon.

Yes, you're quite wrong. It's nothing like the EFX reveal.

It's 100% accurate, right down to the letters on the capacitors in the box and the materials used for construction....copper neck, support rods, etc.

The reveal build is slightly different in numerous ways to to the known static reveal. There are no "excess dimensions" only a different saber. It's important to compare apples to apples, here. As for the arrows; there are no 'working' arrows on the original configuration of this particular reveal. Again, there were numerous Elstree reveal sabers that did different things. People tend to get lost in the details. The original reveal (in this configuration) had vinyl arrows with no profile. EFX took the liberty of adding the working electronics, acrylic arrows, etc. I've often found the arrow argument ridiculous since those who use it against EFX only mention the shape and ignore the fact that they shouldn't work or have a profile in the first place.

These points have all been debated years ago along with the dubious history of the prop(s). Now, you may not care for the reveal (which is of course fine) but unless you've actually engineered and constructed one you really are ill equipped to intelligently discuss it's particulars.

All of that said, very nice to see a few of them pop up in some spectacular collections. Thanks for the kind words, fellas! Wish I had one, myself!

-Rylo

My, I can't agree with everybody about the greatness of the Rylo reveal. I find it much like the eFx reveal, and I don't admire the excess of dimensions in some parts as well as the long green and red arrows. Am I wrong there?

Last edited:

Mine is 100% accurate down to the letters on the capacitors in the box and the materials used....copper neck, support rods, etc.

The reveal build is slightly different in numerous ways to to the known static reveal. There are no "excess dimensions" only a different saber. It's important to compare apples to apples, here.

These points have all been debated years ago. Now, you may not care for the reveal (which is of course fine) but unless you've actually engineered and constructed one you really are ill equipped to discuss it's particulars.

All of that said, very nice to see a few of them pop up in some spectacular collections. Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

-Rylo
I have heard your reveal is awesome! Where can I find good photos of it?

Whoa, I was wrong then. Didn't meant to be rude, Rylo; I just had a different point of view, and who else could provide accurate guidance better than the maker himself. I appreciate and thank you for this explanation. I'm sorry I wasn't around when all this was discussed years ago; I got here late and I'm discovering things most people here discovered years ago. Of course I have no arguments to discuss the accuracy and beauty of this reveal saber; I just talked based on what I saw and knew, but now I have learned something new. I will probably be looking forward to get one of those ;)

It's 100% accurate, right down to the letters on the capacitors in the box and the materials used for construction....copper neck, support rods, etc.

The reveal build is slightly different in numerous ways to to the known static reveal. There are no "excess dimensions" only a different saber. It's important to compare apples to apples, here. As for the arrows; there are no 'working' arrows on the original configuration of this particular reveal. Again, there were numerous Elstree reveal sabers that did different things. People tend to get lost in the details. The original reveal (in this configuration) had vinyl arrows with no profile. EFX took the liberty of adding the working electronics, acrylic arrows, etc. I've often found the arrow argument ridiculous since those who use it against EFX only mention the shape and ignore the fact that they shouldn't work or have a profile in the first place.

These points have all been debated years ago along with the dubious history of the prop(s). Now, you may not care for the reveal (which is of course fine) but unless you've actually engineered and constructed one you really are ill equipped to intelligently discuss it's particulars.

All of that said, very nice to see a few of them pop up in some spectacular collections. Thanks for the kind words, fellas! Wish I had one, myself!

-Rylo

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back