Lightsaber collectors: Show your stuff

Haven't used these pics in a long while but here they are. All purchased directly from the licensed manufacturer (ie. Icons, MR or eFX)

1996 ICONS ANH Skywalker
104_9771_image.jpg

2002 MR ROTJ Luke (USA saber)
104_1334_image.jpg

2002 MR ANH Vader
104_1313_image.jpg

2002 MR AOTC Yoda
104_1336_image.jpg

2003 MR TESB Luke
104_1335_image.jpg

2003 MR TPM Maul
imageztk.jpg

2007 MR ROTJ Luke V2
img0953ame6.jpg

2007 MR EU Mara Jade
imagehwat.jpg

2011 eFX ROTJ Luke Reveal
imagezwa.jpg

Plus, I have each and every variation of the Master Replica Force FX Lightsabers.

Nice, great collection!

I've always preferred the homebuilt stuff. Any schmoo with a big bank account can write checks and buy something from someone else. But making one's own requires imagination, foresight and skill---something few people have.

Sweet!

I like the designs of the one on the right 3rd from the bottom and the Top Center. They look so "used"

Thank you! I'm new at the weathering thing, but that's my favorite saber look. I use different types of paint & before they dry I take a rag & sand paper to them.

I'll play. From the top:
Russrep Obi Wan
Real Graflex Luke
Parks Vader
Rylo Elstree Reveal
Real Graflex ESB Hero
Real Graflex ESB Dagobah

sabers2.jpg

sabers1.jpg

All grips - Gino. Real clamps, circuit boards, calc bubbles.

My, I can't agree with everybody about the greatness of the Rylo reveal. I find it much like the eFx reveal, and I don't admire the excess of dimensions in some parts as well as the long green and red arrows. Am I wrong there?

FYI, if anyone wants to straighten up there Lightsabers on their stands the Walmart sheet foam in the craft section works greats. It's less than a buck per sheet and works great. Cut off a little strip and you will never see it. Use them to shim up and level the saber, nice and soft so it won't hurt anything.

I'm sure most have already thought of this but just in case.

I have a real graflex Luke ANH, a V2/Obi stunt I made from a toy, some copper & pvc fittings, and a lot of putty - I can't post pics either (because I've already uploaded them to the rpf in other places?) look through my profile!

I took apart the Obi-Wan and Vader sabers from Hasbro (the $9 ones from Walmart) and filled em with the pieces of my cracked and failing wireless microphones and some LEDs. I put in a little glue, a little solder, new battery hookups, a switch, and a lot of time. I now have a lightsaber on my belt when I run karaoke shows and I get to tell people I have to carry that for my job.

Obi-Wan was second... mostly just the original Hasbro, but the black neck between copper and aluminum there is a 1" metal pipe fitting that the mic fit perfectly into, and you can see the screw that came with it. I left that because the whole side comes off to get to batteries. The other side is glued in.

saber-mic2.jpg

Vader required re-building the part that actually holds the mic and grill. I believe it's a 1 1/2 PVC coupler from the electrical section of Home Depot, with some sintra and bondo to make the squared side. The bottom 1/3 of the other side comes off to reveal batteries. There's a single screw there, but I'm gonna end up adding another or at least some kind of hook inside because that panel slips when it's hanging on my belt.

saber-mic1.jpg

Edit... sorry for size of images, just took em from my blog.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back