Lifesize Terminator 1 Arnold build

That - is - fantastic ! :eek

lifesize-terminator-1-arnold-build-right-bust.jpg-64936d1314284640

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I do appreciate it, not that I can take credit for the bust or anything:lol.

With the arms, I'm gonna try to make them detachable and poseable, thats the plan anyway:confused. I'm gonna try using rail ends used for fencing as joints, with lock washers. This is where I saw this
THE BRIDE of ARTICULATION - HauntForum.com

pretty tight joints, I bought a couple rail ends and put them together without the extra washers, makes them nice and tight.

It wouldn't sustain the weight of the Ar18, but it should work on the arm for the Spas( very light). I'm gonna give it a shot anyway.

Looks really great, Ive seen that T1 head and its out of my price range but its the best you can get IMO..Thanks for posting that PVC armature build its really fantastic.

Looks really great, Ive seen that T1 head and its out of my price range but its the best you can get IMO..Thanks for posting that PVC armature build its really fantastic.

Thanks. Seeing pics of Toni's and your Arnolds convinced me to take a stab at this.

Yeah, it was expensive, but its something I've always wanted to do, I just couldn't pass it up. Definitely put a hurtin on the wallet tho. :cry

That PVC mannequin is a awesome idea, but I didn't have any luck with it holding a pose when using the flat washers in the mix, when its just the lock washers, it seems pretty rigid.

Man, love it! Excellent job, truly great!

Joe's bust is really the best one out there you could get at this point..and I can't imagine anything actually better (other then silicone, of course)..
I can't wait to see you progress..
I'm working slowly on mine..however, I do plan to make a base for it as well!

Good luck with the build!

I've worked on this a little here and there. I've made progress on the arms and the studded boot strap (which I haven't taken pics of yet).

Here is his right arm assembled, joints allow for movement in all directions, and I also have threaded pieces in the forearm and bicep for extra poseability. I made sure to make the joints nice n tight, since this arm will hold the heavier AR18.
View attachment 68574

This pic shows the forearm being rotated 90 degrees, and the elbow bent.
View attachment 68575

Shoulder joints. I wasn't sure how else to build this portion, so it could move sideways and forward, backward, when the arm is bulked up, it shouldn't look too abnormal when posed.
View attachment 68577

Here's the arm bulked up. I'll probably fill in the elbow gap, at least the front, so when the arm is bent the coat won't get sucked down into the joint, makin his arm look too thin. Goin for realism here:)
View attachment 68578
View attachment 68579

Arm looks fairly realistic in movement, considering the placement of the shoulder joints
View attachment 68580

Now I need to figure the hand situation out, I knew this would be the hardest part of this thing. I'll get some pics with the jacket on, and also the studded boot strap.

Hi iv just joined up. Im a massive terminator fan and love this thread. Your progress is superb. Im also going to be starting a very similar build to yours real soon. I have Joe's head also. Just haven't got round to doing it yet.
Really great work :)

Hi iv just joined up. Im a massive terminator fan and love this thread. Your progress is superb. Im also going to be starting a very similar build to yours real soon. I have Joe's head also. Just haven't got round to doing it yet.
Really great work :)

Awesome, I eagerly await to see you make a thread, when you do get started. Like you, I love anything Arnold/ Terminator, so the more the better. Thanks for the kind words!

Awesome, I eagerly await to see you make a thread, when you do get started. Like you, I love anything Arnold/ Terminator, so the more the better. Thanks for the kind words!

Its been a real slow process as iv nearly finished a full size joker and other terminator busts keep popping up lol.
This will be my next big project but I may do a T3 but just the torso and I may also have a go at a frozen T1000. You done well getting the Ar-18. they are super rare and I cant get it into the Uk as I was offered one :(
Look forward to the updates.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back