Lifesize Star Wars collection showoff thread

<div class='quotetop'>(ReelManiac @ Jun 22 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]1265656[/snapback]</div>
I only have a few because I eventually get tired of them and recycle. Right now I have Indiana Jones, a Stormtrooper, and a modified Illusive Yoda.

158893847.jpg

[/b]

That's too cool. Where'd you get the pieces to modify the little green guy? I'd love to do this to mine.

Mike

I've made a few changes :) so these pics were taken at different times.... it's still in progress....

mysw16smbd2.jpg

mysw17smhp9.jpg

mysw18smuu9.jpg

mysw19smek7.jpg

mysw20smte9.jpg

mysw15sm7ec.jpg

mysw10sm5ny.jpg

mysw11sm3is.jpg

mysw14sm8od.jpg

mysw06sm0la.jpg

mysw07sm7bu.jpg

mysw08sm4mg.jpg

The wall panels are portable. I actually have another short section, like in the move that goes underneath these and raises up the whole thing 14". I just can't use them at home. It's. o.k. because they're designed to stand on their own as a corner and I put a black ABS floor down for photos at conventions and such.

starfest0601qu2.jpg

starfest0602xm8.jpg

I still need about 7 more mannequins so I can unbox the other costumes :) ... well... I finally have my Fett mannequin coming. Hopefully will be here in the next few days.

MonCal, i knew you were into star wars stuff but this is just..... AAAAHHHHHH.
great collection and maybe the best displayed costumes i´ve ever seen.

:thumbsup

HOLY COW CAL...

That is truely AMAZING. I love it. Being a fellow Zammer I know how hard it is to get just her suit together, let alone all the other wonderful character's you have :love

Congratulations,

Kraig

<div class='quotetop'>(MonCal @ Aug 15 2006, 03:21 AM) [snapback]1300650[/snapback]</div>
I've made a few changes :) so these pics were taken at different times.... it's still in progress....

The wall panels are portable. I actually have another short section, like in the move that goes underneath these and raises up the whole thing 14". I just can't use them at home. It's. o.k. because they're designed to stand on their own as a corner and I put a black ABS floor down for photos at conventions and such.

starfest0601qu2.jpg

I still need about 7 more mannequins so I can unbox the other costumes :) ... well... I finally have my Fett mannequin coming. Hopefully will be here in the next few days.

[/b]

Wow, all the collections are sweet. I especially like your display MonCal. Can you give more details on the materials and how you built the walls? I love your Tusken.

Man, Mon Cal I love your display of the pieces not to mention the pieces themselves- Beautifully done sir.

I collect mostly older stuff but I have a few pieces around the game- These pics were taken by folk at the last prop party- The items on the table in the foreground aren't mine-

[image]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8128/1005130copy9lj.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/uploads/post-245-1139774994.jpg[/image]

Doc

<div class='quotetop'>(eaviii @ Aug 15 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]1301194[/snapback]</div>
Man, Mon Cal I love your display of the pieces not to mention the pieces themselves- Beautifully done sir.

I collect mostly older stuff but I have a few pieces around the game- These pics were taken by folk at the last prop party- The items on the table in the foreground aren't mine-

[image]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8128/1005130copy9lj.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/uploads/post-245-1139774994.jpg[/image]

Doc
[/b]

Hey that looks familiar... It was a great treat to see your collection in person (I was that drunk canadian guy at your house in July). I had to repost my pics (see post #14 in this thread). LOVED playing that Star Wars upright...too bad I still suck at it.

Thanks guys :)

I know as soon as I get the other 7 mannequins I'll be looking for more space ;) hehe.... I think there is star wars stuff in every room of the house. I don't know how much longer the wife will let me get away with that :p

As for the wall panels, I made frames with 1x4's and cut 1/4" plywood for the surface and cut more 1/4" plywood for the raised portions. I made the louvers by cutting strips of .04 styrene and nailing them on after painting them gray. The frames connect together with carriage bolts and wingnuts so it's easy to relocate. I made a corner piece that I start with by bolting to the shorter 14" panels going 90 degrees off the corner. Then I stack the larger panels starting at the corner piece, bolting them all in place. I lay black ABS on the floor at conventions and tape down to the floor with black duct tape. It took a while to scale it all and look for most of the panels used in ANH. This might be tough to understand. I wish I would've taken progress pics but I was rushed to build the display in about 4 days after work and one Sunday. I don't plan to move it for a while ... maybe halloween to the air and space museum in Denver. .. where C1 was ;) ... if not, then it'll be next April at starfest. Then I could take some progress pics of the assembly.

Here's a shot of my troopers and Supreme Vader. One helmet is Gino, other is Oakley ROTJ fiberglass. I have since made the troopers shorter and the same height and also adjusted the dome on the Vader...

CM

[attachmentid=9619]

I finally got a mannequin for my primary costume :) ... only about 6 more to go :shock:

I only need to do a few minor modifications to the Fett and I'll be happy :)

mysw25smwo0.jpg

mysw21smva7.jpg

mysw27smqw9.jpg

mysw28smow1.jpg

:eek MONCAL.. and here i thought you were mainly about the biker scouts.. amazing pieces...

Sithlord, great job on the ANH. I'm jealous... i'd love to get the fundage to start another Vader project sometime in the future... yours is very inspiring :thumbsup ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back