Lifesize Return of the Jedi Chewbacca PICS!

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think the third times the charm with my pics :)

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

22.jpg

LOL. I think you are right Tom, everyone parted their hair in the middle in the 80's. :lol

This piece will be living in CA. with his new owner :) Hopefully he will be nice and take the chain off him.

Thanks Wook. That means a lot coming from you :) My hat is off to anyone that has ever made a full-size Chewbacca figure or costume, "capturing" the look of this figure has got to be one of the most difficult projects I have done to date.

Nice. I think it looks pretty freaky though, Or do you want. I dont know how easy it is to tweak something like this. Something about the afro poof hair, and the neon blue eyes, the freaky long stretched grin, the metal teeth. The fur quality and color are great, and the props on him are cool as heck.

Comb the hair differently maybe.

Tone the eyes back a little, darken them up, push them back more so more shadow hits them.

Relax the mouth, or fake it by combing hair in front of the outer corners to mask that long stretchy grin.

I dont know what the deal is with the teeth, they just look metal, and squarish.

Thanks for all the comments guys. As for eye color Chewie did have blue eyes :) I did do an ANH version hair style, it was this head though. The hair is basically styled like it was in ROTJ. I may need to do some tweaking on it here and there but overall I am pleased with it :)

<div class='quotetop'>(swampbug @ Jun 5 2006, 07:43 PM) [snapback]1256738[/snapback]</div>
Nice. I think it looks pretty freaky though, Or do you want. I dont know how easy it is to tweak something like this. Something about the afro poof hair, and the neon blue eyes, the freaky long stretched grin, the metal teeth. The fur quality and color are great, and the props on him are cool as heck.

Comb the hair differently maybe.

Tone the eyes back a little, darken them up, push them back more so more shadow hits them.

Relax the mouth, or fake it by combing hair in front of the outer corners to mask that long stretchy grin.

I dont know what the deal is with the teeth, they just look metal, and squarish.
[/b]

Rather harsh post, swampbug, considering this is a showoff thread of a finished piece of art; not a thread in which the author's asking for criticism. In fact if you had taken the time to read his original post, you would've seen that the mannequin has already been placed with a buyer. (And I'm sure an ecstatic buyer, at that.)

Besides, you should really reacquaint yourself with the ROTJ Chewie look if you think things like the hair are wrong--because rileyreplicas got Chewie's ROTJ look just right.

chewhalsband.jpg

chewshuttle.jpg

The Wook

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back