Lifesize Rancor head!

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all! It has been sometime since I posted a project and thought I would post some pics of a life-size Rancor head that I made for a member here. This piece will be mounted from a loft looking down ready to gobble you up :) Here are pics of it in the raw foam being carved, teeth in place, the painted eye and then all painted up and ready to display :)

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0144.jpgIMG_0149.jpgIMG_0192.jpgIMG_0198.jpg

p.jpgr.jpge.jpg

Attachments

• o.jpg
    o.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 161
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 157
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 147
For some reason every time I see a 'life size' ranco they never look big enough. Other than that, awesome job, and the display is crazy cool.

I did not know that the Rancor had already been shown, thanks for the link! I have to say it was great working with Ryan to make this piece! he gave me a lot of freedom on making it and he was VERY accommodating and patient with me when this piece took longer to make than I had anticipated :)

Darksyde13, I should have said "life-size to fit the space allotted! LOL" However if you look at the mouth and imagine a squealing Gamorean Guard going in it is pretty darn close to life-size :) In the movie the Rancor does have a large mouth but even he has to bite a person in half to swallow them! Can't swallow them whole :) LOL

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back