Lifesize bendable mannequin hands

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to put this out there, what do you guys use for hands on a lifesize character prop? I've seen some bendable hands in Germany but cant find any here in the uk? Is there another way of achieving this??

Thanks

Lee

Can’t swear to availability i
IMG_2817.png

n the U.K., but for characters wearing gloves, the posable wooden artist’s model hands work great and are available in right and left.

The wooden hands look good, but I would be concerned they do not have enough joint stiffness to hold a glove in a position, unless the glove is very flexible.
For museum projects we have many times taken a normal mannequin hand and cut the fingers off, then, using 5-6mm armature wire (1000 series aluminum) inside of Tygon (Clear PVC "rubber" tubing) replaced the fingers. These new fingers can be secured into the mannequin hand with a mixture of "Bondo" (automotive bodyfiller) thinned with polyester resin. Sometimes we have carved / sanded wooden plug type finger tips, where the wire terminates into and that also fit into the Tygon tube. These hands are stiff enough to hold even armoured gloves in position.

Thanks guys,

I'm currently using the wooden hands bit they are useless when it comes to holding s gun which is what trying to achieve.

Keep the ideas coming :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back