Lifesize Alien Chestburster custom design (Updated with new sculpt)

Yarko

Hi!

A while ago, I started sculpting a 1:1 chestburster from Alien. After watching Prometheus (and hating the deacon final look), I decided I would try to mix what I liked about the chestburster and the deacon in a single creature. I still don't know for sure what I want to achieve with this, but here you have some pics of the sketch sculpt, which I will start detailing as soon as I make up my mind.

What do you think, is it a good idea? Anyone have any suggestion about how this thing could look cool?

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Lifesize Alien Chestburster custom design

It ended up not looking like a deacon at all, but I like the result. It's definitely my own thing while still being recognizable as an alien chestburster.

bichillo3_zpsfc898a5f.jpg

558094_562873177066171_501172584_n_zps4923c86b.jpg

Making the mold!

529479_562873027066186_251825146_n_zps0471fa06.jpg

I plan to cast it in silicone. We'll see what happens then

Last edited:

glad you decided to keep the legs out, whenever I see a chestburster with legs it always makes me think spaceballs:rolleyes

I really like it, its easily recognizable and the custom sculpt looks awesome! cant wait to see it cast

Like it, great design. :thumbsup

Would be interesting to see one painted in the Deacon's paint scheme.

Very cool, love the detail work. Do you mind me asking what clay you used?

Hi.
Do you plan on making a cable mechanism to move his head about.?
it would look very cool to see him move his head around.. :eek

Hi.
Do you plan on making a cable mechanism to move his head about.?
it would look very cool to see him move his head around.. :eek

You read my mind! I started this sculpt after watching that Stan Winston school tutorial about cable mechanisms. I definitely want to try!

You read my mind! I started this sculpt after watching that Stan Winston school tutorial about cable mechanisms. I definitely want to try!

Go for it! :thumbsup
It will be a nice prop.. if you get it working with the cables..

Would look nice coming out a birthday cake..:sick :lol

Ah perfect thanks, I have not seen Chavant Medium in that color before. Again that is simply stunning detail.

After several uses, my chavant has turned a bit reddish. I guess it's contamination with the plasticine I use for the walls or the red tint I use for the silicone. Anyways, in the first photo, it appears more reddish than it really is because of the camera settings.

I love what you've done with this and as someone else said above. Good move to leave the legs out. Can't wait to see more.

right on! good work, man! Any plans to animate it?

I would love to animate it, so I will definitely give it a try. It could take its time, though, since I will be starting a new job soon and will have little time for it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back