- - Lifesize 1:1 Jawa Statue / Prop - Star Wars CUSTOM

dmpsk8

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys. Wanted to share my custom 1:1 Jawa. Just finished him up.

I purchased this piece unfinished and in pretty rough shape. So, I spent some time making him his best. I added the feet, fur/gloves for the hands, face wrap, weathering, painting, etc.

The only thing that bums me out is the fabric. It looks fine, but it's not coarse enough to be film accurate. I'll live.

Looks pretty cool in person, check out the pics:

Jawa_1.jpg

Jawa_8_side2.jpg

Jawa_3_side.jpg

Jawa_4_ionblaster.jpg

Jawa_9_ionblaster2.jpg

Jawa_5_hairyhand.jpg

leathertexture.jpg

Jawa_2_faceCU.jpg

Jawa_7_ionsight.jpg

***MOOTINIE!!***Take his hood down!! Take his hood down!! I've never seen a Jawa's head. Little guys always creeped me out :lol and always wondered what they looked like without their robe on... Not a Jawa perv or anything, just curious :$ Nice 1:1 build. Looks sweet and ditto on the weapon :thumbsup Awesome.

That is awesome. Love the Blaster. Where did that come from?

I was wondering if the head and eyes should be a little bigger?

AWESOME! I agree with you that the fabric could be a bit courser but it doesn't take away from the statue. I'd love to see him with an ion blaster or something but again, none of that matters, this thing is gorgeous. GREAT JOB!

Wow, this is a truly awesome 1:1 piece. THE BEST JAWA I'VE SEEN!

Getting the right natural pose on a life-size figure is daunting. I love the slight forward lean (and to the side) with the head slightly ******.

I also love that you can see one foot, and the way he's holding his gun is perfect!!

It just looks like a Jawa would stand!...:thumbsup

thanks for sharing the pics!

brad

Last edited:
That's awesome looking! I'm going to make a display Jawa sometime too, so I'll probably snag your photos for inspiration ;) Fabric doesn't look too bad, the color seems spot on though, not sure my fabric color is.

Maybe instead of a timer for the eyelights at night, you could use a light sensor instead? Some energy saving bulbs have built in light sensor circuits you could scavenge.

Hi
Great job on your JAWA.
Thought you would like to see my Son dressed up as a JAWA .
I made his costume out of old bath towels, it took about a week to make. He was a big hit at the Supanova expo .

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back