Lifeburn's Elder Predator Build

Lifeburn

Sr Member
Im trying to make the Elder from P2, or at least come close to it. Here's what I have so far.

Elder mask - Scott Marshall
Dreads - Hez
Facehugger Beads - Bovine makes them
Spine Dread Beads - Skunk
Skin - Work in progress
P1 Bio - Hez

SANY0175.jpg

SANY0185.jpg

SANY0187.jpg

SANY0188.jpg

SANY0190.jpg

These pics were taken with no flash and a pillow blocking the direct light so there is no glare but it washes out the color a little.
SANY0195.jpg

SANY0196.jpg

SANY0199.jpg

Pic of me wearing it, I will get better close up pics after I put the rest of the dread beads on.
SANY0201.jpg

SANY0205.jpg

SANY0204.jpg

SANY0073.jpg

SANY0074.jpg

SANY0075.jpg

SANY0076.jpg

SANY0080.jpg

SANY0081.jpg

SANY0082.jpg

SANY0083.jpg

SANY0084.jpg

Almost there, added some duct tape around the biceps to make them flow into the arm better (hope that doesnt backfire on me later on).
SANY0087.jpg

SANY0089.jpg

SANY0127.jpg

SANY0128.jpg

Fits decently on my mask, but Im getting a new mask so Im not worried..
SANY0129.jpg

SANY0134.jpg

First added a light layer of "Metallic Inca Gold" then a light layer of "Metallic Solid Bronze" for the dirt look.
SANY0135.jpg

Then went back over with a layer of silver. Couldn't see much else I wanted to do to it so I'm calling it finished.
SANY0140.jpg

SANY0138.jpg

SANY0139.jpg

SANY0165.jpg

SANY0166.jpg

SANY0170.jpg

SANY0174.jpg

i like how its coming bro but from your description of color ya its not the color you want i look forward to future pics

I think the mouth is looking a little on the bright-red side -- you might want to mute it down a little bit. Otherwise, I think you're off to a good start so far.

I know what it's like to be working with just primary colors and trying to mix the paint -- it's difficult to get exactly the color you want, because you keep having to mix by trial and error. For my next mask paintup (which is in progress), I'm going to work with a few different hues that are relatively close to each other, so I can have some subtlety. That way, there's more gradation between colors, and you won't have such a sharp differentiation when you go from the base skin color to the details and the sides.

In the end, though, it's down to your artistic vision. I don't know if I'm giving you more artistic freedom, or just confusing you. :D

Thanks for the kind words guys.

So yeah, the mouth is very bright right now, but I'm gonna go in with a marker and make some veins, then go over that with a darker red...hope it turns out the way I think. Bout to start here in a little while. Should have an update tomorrow.

good start.. but as already said.. mouth is way to bright.. aswell as your darker reads.. hit it with a black wash aswell.. tone it down...

Got some more done. I'm getting so far away from the elders colors it's rediculous, my mask is starting to look like a reptile. I might just end up brushing grey over the whole mask and start again.

Yeah I added some blue veins inside the mouth with a fine paint brush but I've added a couple of layers of color inside the mouth and they got mostly covered. I still can't get the mouth color exactly right.

Got a little more done, I'm almost calling this thing finished. Painted the horns on the head and jaws, added another layer of dots on the head and worked a little more on the mouth. Still not 100% happy with the mouth but I think once I put the PermaWet on there and it starts shining it will look a little better. And I couldn't get the colors to perfectly match the P2 elder but then I remembered that it's my first paintjob so I won't beat myself up too much. There's always more masks out there that need painting :D

I think I'll lightly spray the horns with black or brown to darken them just a bit then I'll start working on the teeth. Quick question though, since the teeth are resin do they need to be primered first or will the permawet keep the color on there?

Alright, I added a mist layer of brown onto the horns to dull them down a little. Then I painted the teeth, first by spraying the teeth with a light brown and darker around the bottoms, then went back over with a light layer of yellow, then another light layer of white. I'll probably get around to glueing the teeth to the mask tomorrow. I then added a layer of Permawet to the entire mask. I'm kinda sad that I'm almost done with this mask, I was just getting the hang of airbrushing and mixing paint. Can't wait to add some dreads to this baby though.

Thanks Predanator, and if you have any artistic skill at all it's pretty easy using an airbrush. And you can always repaint if you mess up too bad.

More Pics!

Added the teeth, then realized that the left jaw hangs down a bit further than the other jaw and make the bottome teeth look really ******. Any idea how I can fix this?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back