Life Sized Enterprise in Vegas that almost was...

neosporing

Sr Member
not sure if this was already posted but...

A life sized Enterprise was almost built in vegas..

taken from aint it cool: "Back in 1992, Goddard & Co. came close...very close...to mounting an extraordinarily ambitious project in the heart of Las Vegas, which was looking for ways to make bold statements, establish unusual attractions, and generally revitalize itself. A life-sized Starship Enterprise was proposed...which they actually figured out how to build. Visitors would be able to tour the ship's interior, and engage in a number of entertainment opportunities. The attraction would've looked something like this:"

1SMALL.jpg

2smal.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

i would have loved to see this...

aint it cool article

goddard group story

goddard group blog

Last edited:
This is the same look I gave when I was told about this back when it was first announced.

:rolleyes

OMG. I would have moved to Vegas.

Though that being said, how many of you would have stood outside of it and critiqued it for not matching with the Star Trek Technical Manual schematics...lol...

Ho- leeee - s#t.

Ok, so how cool would it be if they had made it into a hotel???

Oh the possibilities!

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

i dont see a lot of proplems (see what i did there? :D) with the outside shell at all. the shape is more than possible to build, and cover afterwards. the problem would have rather been the inside, like fitting stuff in perfectly.

They didn't build it...

WHY???? :cry

WHHHHHHYYYYYY???? :cry :cry :cry

Okay I can see the argument that it could have potentially become this giant statue representing the biggest colossal failure in Vegas history and didn't want to take that risk. I get it.

However something like this "might" have succeded where Star Trek The Experience failed- the ability to attract non Trek fans. I mean even if you couldn't stand Trek wouldn't you at least want to have your picture taken in front of this incredible piece of architecture? And "maybe" some (hopefully most) of those people would want to pay to go inside as they just had to see what was in there?

I would have walked to Vegas to see this. :cry

Oh well. One of the pics is now my desktop. :)

Kevin

i see the pylons and nacelles being dangerous.... imagine if one of those suckers "broke" off.... lol
The Enterprise is cool in a zero G environment, but it would have to have supports and all kindsa stuff just to "hold it up"

Even though the concept art looks cool. I can't help but feel that a life sized Enterprise sitting in Vegas might seem cheesy or touristy. Especially when the interior would most likely have gift shops and other junk.

What???

Like Vegas ISN'T cheesy and tacky already??!!???

One more freakish, out-of-place attraction can't add that much more of an eyesore to a place that already has a space needle, Egyptian pyramid, pirate galleon, and Eiffel Tower replica downtown!

OTOH, seeing the thing demolished within 10-20 years would have made the model pyrotechnics in Star Trek III pale by comparison...

Vegas has no heart for its history. They tear down old stuff as soon as they see a new opportunity to make more money. There's basically little-to-nothing left from when Bugsy Siegel was in the area...

I was in two meetings involving that. Would have been the replica of a lifetime.

I seem to recall Andy Probert did those two paintings. He did something for it.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back