Life sized Creature from the Black Lagoon Figure

MBPfx

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been making Creature figures since the mid-80's. A few years back I purchased the original Mark Alfrey Creature molds. The Creatch was broken into three molds, body head to foot and the left and right arms. Most of the earlier figures I have seen are all one piece and at 6"6" tall with big sharp claws, this guy was a pain to move around. To make it easier to cast, transport and store I modified the molds to produce separate pieces that fit together virtually seamlessly. The design of the creature made this possible as you can see in the set-up video.

Here is what he looks like painted.
CREATURE_FIGURE.jpg

That's fantastic!

Michael I have one of your videos from the 80s/90s. The one where you made the cable control mask. It was like proto-SWS!! While I never ended up making a cable control mask, I did use several of the techniques over the years and that was the first "real" how-to video I had ever seen. I even showed it to my gifted/talented class in junior high! Awesome to see you here and I hope you keep posting more fantastic stuff. MBPfx

That's fantastic!

Michael I have one of your videos from the 80s/90s. The one where you made the cable control mask. It was like proto-SWS!! While I never ended up making a cable control mask, I did use several of the techniques over the years and that was the first "real" how-to video I had ever seen. I even showed it to my gifted/talented class in junior high! Awesome to see you here and I hope you keep posting more fantastic stuff. MBPfx
Thanks! I'm glad you found the videos helpful.

Amazing! Wow!
My favorite Universal Monster(hes not really just smitten)
Ever since a young boy its been my favorite movie, I got to visit where it was filmed when a bud took me there a few years back.
Oh to have a life-size version!..
The level of detail for a creation made back then is just Amazing!
Loving your paint job too!
Can you guess I like it :cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back