Life sized Creature from the Black Lagoon Figure

MBPfx

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been making Creature figures since the mid-80's. A few years back I purchased the original Mark Alfrey Creature molds. The Creatch was broken into three molds, body head to foot and the left and right arms. Most of the earlier figures I have seen are all one piece and at 6"6" tall with big sharp claws, this guy was a pain to move around. To make it easier to cast, transport and store I modified the molds to produce separate pieces that fit together virtually seamlessly. The design of the creature made this possible as you can see in the set-up video.

MBPfx

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is what he looks like painted.
CREATURE_FIGURE.jpg

toothboy

That's fantastic!

Michael I have one of your videos from the 80s/90s. The one where you made the cable control mask. It was like proto-SWS!! While I never ended up making a cable control mask, I did use several of the techniques over the years and that was the first "real" how-to video I had ever seen. I even showed it to my gifted/talented class in junior high! Awesome to see you here and I hope you keep posting more fantastic stuff. MBPfx

MBPfx

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That's fantastic!

Michael I have one of your videos from the 80s/90s. The one where you made the cable control mask. It was like proto-SWS!! While I never ended up making a cable control mask, I did use several of the techniques over the years and that was the first "real" how-to video I had ever seen. I even showed it to my gifted/talented class in junior high! Awesome to see you here and I hope you keep posting more fantastic stuff. MBPfx
Thanks! I'm glad you found the videos helpful.

Mottrex

Sr Member
Amazing! Wow!
My favorite Universal Monster(hes not really just smitten)
Ever since a young boy its been my favorite movie, I got to visit where it was filmed when a bud took me there a few years back.
Oh to have a life-size version!..
The level of detail for a creation made back then is just Amazing!
Loving your paint job too!
Can you guess I like it :cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.