life-sized 70's Kenner stormtrooper blaster

motman241

It's been a while in the making, but I saved its debut for the Michingan prop party. Enjoy. :)
[image]http://propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/motman241/MotmanKenner.jpg[/image]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(animetronic @ Apr 30 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]1236077[/snapback]</div>
Amazing how inaccurate this sculpt was for the figures. Great job replicating it. Now you need a lifesize Kenner Stormtrooper.
[/b]

not really considering the small size and production methods of the time, wernt anywhere near what they can do today,

:lol That's exactly what I pictured when thinking of making mine. You can even do variations- black, blue, grey... all the classics. Nice work Motman 241. Looks like we were both on the same page.

Anything special in mind for your next?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(motman241 @ Apr 30 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1236066[/snapback]</div>
It's been a while in the making, but I saved its debut for the Michingan prop party. Enjoy. :)
[image]http://propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/motman241/MotmanKenner.jpg[/image]
[/b]

Lifsize? :eek I'd say that's an understatement ? It's as big as a freaking car .... :confused

:lol

No, seriously man .. that is pretty sweet :cheers

FP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bradleyfett @ Apr 30 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1236072[/snapback]</div>
Fantastic.

Now how about a telescoping lightsaber- should be easy to do with 3 sizes of PVC.

Mark
[/b]
2, let's not customize :)

Very cool piece, problem is, your lifesize stormtrooper would have his helmet fused to his shoulders :)
JJ

When I saw this thread I didn't know what to think, I am glad I looked in that is awesome. I don't know why you would make that but it's cool none the less. Now I want one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumpin Jax @ May 1 2006, 03:36 AM) [snapback]1236206[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bradleyfett @ Apr 30 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1236072[/snapback]
Fantastic.

Now how about a telescoping lightsaber- should be easy to do with 3 sizes of PVC.

Mark
[/b]
2, let's not customize :)

Very cool piece, problem is, your lifesize stormtrooper would have his helmet fused to his shoulders :)
JJ
[/b][/quote]

Actually, you would need three, because the "inner saber" has a step in it to keep it from pulling all the way through the "outer saber." :)

Sweet blaster. Do you have a picture of you holding it? I'm trying to picture it in your hand.

cheers.

Mike

This should show scale - such an excellent idea, and wonderful execution.

DSC00665.jpg

That's SWEET. Rminds me of when some guy (maybe here) did the life size Lego Lightsabers. That is old school and great. Kudos to the maker.

Hey Moff, did someone have to bite your hand open to get the gun to fit and stay in your grip? (jk, I'm sure someone other then myself here used to do that.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Bauer @ May 1 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1236412[/snapback]</div>
That's SWEET. Rminds me of when some guy (maybe here) did the life size Lego Lightsabers. [/b]

That was our own Luuke I believe :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Bauer @ May 1 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1236412[/snapback]</div>
Hey Moff, did someone have to bite your hand open to get the gun to fit and stay in your grip? (jk, I'm sure someone other then myself here used to do that.)
[/b]

That's not the half of it. Those peg holes in my feet hurt like the dickens, and those huge copyright letters on the back of my thigh itch like you would not believe.

Partially articulated, Jason

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back