Life size r2d2 opinions wanted

mwells

I have had a couple life size r2s over the years. But after having a child, moving and getting a divorce I don't have tons of cash to sink into one. What is your opinion of the animated gentle giants r2d2 since it seems to be cheaper? I am also looking on a good place to get one depending on everyone's thoughts.

What is a gentle giants R2? I'm currently building a all aluminum r2 ( 1 yr in next month) and never heard of this version?

There really is no cheating if you want a 1:1 scale accurate R2. They are never cheap. I built my styrene R2 mostly scratch built and it still cost $500. The dome is usually the killer.

As for the animated gentle giant R2, Google says it's a small ugly looking R2??....maybe you're talking about something else.

There really is no cheating if you want a 1:1 scale accurate R2. They are never cheap. I built my styrene R2 mostly scratch built and it still cost $500. The dome is usually the killer.

As for the animated gentle giant R2, Google says it's a small ugly looking R2??....maybe you're talking about something else.

ooohhh so its the vintage toy r2. i didnt know that they refer to it as "gentle giant" i always thought they called it the kenner R2

I would assume maybe he means the clone wars one that they did, it's a life size 'statue' version.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE80067

I've seen a couple of these in person and have not been impressed in the least, like rogue said there really is no way to cheat a 1:1 R2 if you want it done right. I know EFX revealed a full size R2 at celebration this year, but honestly for what it'll probably cost, you'd be better to just build one.

I know EFX revealed a full size R2 at celebration this year, but honestly for what it'll probably cost, you'd be better to just build one.

As far as i know they "revealed"nothing.

They showed a borrowed R2, build and owned by a member of the astromech builders club. I would bet they have nothing to show thats made by their own, just a bucket of hot air.

Ahh okay, last time I'd seen the thread on astromech was back when they first showed it. I saw the video and thought, wow that's pretty nice for efx. Makes sense now that it was a builders droid ha

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back