Life of a CC X-Wing UPDATE 4-21-05 WITH PIX

That thing needs to get dirty.

Looks really good.

Doing the light in the cockpit is the funnest ever. Unless you do all of them one color it sucks weeding out which strand goes to which light.

She's really coming along nicely, JDH. Might I request that you give a detailed description about how you go about weathering it? I'm new to the whole SS model thing, so I would really appreciate any of your tips.

Sean

Originally posted by masterjedi322@Apr 5 2005, 06:28 PM
She's really coming along nicely, JDH. Might I request that you give a detailed description about how you go about weathering it? I'm new to the whole SS model thing, so I would really appreciate any of your tips.

Sean
[snapback]958465[/snapback]​

Well tonight she got the once over with an oil wash of Paynes Grey. Tomorrow night I will start pastels. Weathering is pretty fun :)

JDH

Added three new teaser pics. She is now fully assembled, wires are run lights are working. Some weathering, base work and small detail finishing is all that remains.

JDH

4-21-05

JDH,

Your dimmed closeup pic of the cockpit and R2 lights turned on is the coolest thing that I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the finished pics.

terry

Originally posted by wakeboardjedi@Apr 5 2005, 04:29 PM

Looks really good.

Doing the light in the cockpit is the funnest ever. Unless you do all of them one color it sucks weeding out which strand goes to which light.
[snapback]958364[/snapback]​

Ok, say it with me... "Tamiya transparent paints are my friend, they come in all the colors I need".... good, now repeat ;)

Originally posted by Aegis159+Apr 25 2005, 07:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aegis159 @ Apr 25 2005, 07:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wakeboardjedi
@Apr 5 2005, 04:29 PM

Looks really good.

[snapback]958364[/snapback]​

Ok, say it with me... "Tamiya transparent paints are my friend, they come in all the colors I need".... good, now repeat ;)
[snapback]972880[/snapback]​
[/b]

I no understand?? :lol

Without a doubt this was the biggest pain in the ass for me. I was trying to seperate all the wires and just could not get them to stay bundle. In the end I decided to mix a few colors and not go too crazy. I am actually more happy that way. The lighting I think looks pretty good and not over done.

JDH

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back