life like skin?

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by autobotjohn, Aug 19, 2015.

1. autobotjohn

autobotjohn New Member

hey guys so I was just wondering but is there anyway to put like a fake skin over a 1/1 terminator bust to make it more realistic?

2. Alaneye

Alaneye Well-Known Member

My first thought is no

3. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

Depends on what you mean I guess.

If you want torn up nasty burnt flesh, do a latex build up over the endoskull.

If you want Ahnold with his flesh half ripped off, exposing the endoskull... You'd have to make a copy of the skull to make a core, sculpt on top of that with clay, mold it, run silicone, paint, and transfer that to the finished endoskull... And I am way over simplifying that process.. it's definitely not as easy as just wrapping it in some magic flesh material though sadly!

4. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

I recently watched a small featurette on the BBC about an artist who makes prosthesis. She has a fine eye for detail and colouration. Take a look at her realistic skin setup. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30551860 starts at about 2:58 but it is well worth a full viewing.

5. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Silicone, wax and/or latex. Silicone being the most life like, wax being close second but wax lasts a lot longer than silicone and latex lasts shorter than silicone...

6. Looch

Looch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep, silicone. Smooth-on carries it, plus a retarding agent that makes it even more flesh-like.