Lexington Comic Con

TK-Fett

Sr Member
Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know that we have hit the one month mark for the Lexington Comic Con. They have recently added a few new guests. Most are comic oriented but they have a few film/tv celebs coming and it looks like a great con for the first year.

lexingtoncomiccon.com

You guys should come check it out, maybe we can have an RPF meet up.

That's a very interesting line-up for a con!

Glad to see it isn't overpopulated by Star Wars and wrestling regulars! You can't go to some cons without bumping into the same people who were at Chicago, San Diego, or Orlando...

Looks you can't walk around without bumping into Rangers.
(Is it just me or is Catherine Sutherland ungodly pretty?)

I'm actually more interested in some of the comic creators... particularly the Golden Ager from Timely/Marvel. These guys are leaving us regularly now so it might be time to collect some autographs and ask them about their past work before they're gone! My interest in the comic book industry's past and the development of the most-enduring characters continues even as I'm revolted by current developments at both Marvel and DC...

Everyone be sure to stop by the 501st booth and say hi. I'll be in a sheriffs shirt decorated with 501st patches and a badge.

I'm getting my costume on and ready. As soon as my in-laws drop off their kids, I'll be headed over with them and my wife.
I'll be dressed as Nathan Drake from Uncharted 2.
My wife is trying to swing a Lois Lane look. Using elements I found here, on this site, I put together a couple of badges for us.

We went and had a pretty good time but the in-laws kids (who had wanted to come along) were getting tired and whiney so unfortunately, we left early.
Got some good pictures though.
They're posted on facebook BUT the album is public so you should be able to view them even if you're not on my friends list or on facebook.
Facebook

I was there in costume with the Mandalorian Mercs. We had a great time and felt like rock stars all day.
I was a little afraid it would be a sparse little Power Rangers convention... man was I pleasantly surprised when we saw how crowded the place was.

The TKs, Mandos, and clones were all excellent. As were the Ghostbusters.
Seeing a BTTF Delorean for the first time (as opposed to a normal one) was pretty sweet too.

Do you guys have any suggestions for next year?
The organizers are family and they might consider suggestions I pitch their way.

Original turnout was expected to be around a thousand people. There was never really a lot of concern that it would flop horribly, but no one expected 4,100 people to show up. It was a huge success and everything went so well for everyone involved.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back