Lexington Comic Con and Toy Expo March 2015

kcail1

Anyone here at the RPF going to the Lexington Comic Con in Lexington KY?

First time for me to this Con.... any veterans of that Con (it's a newer one.) I've heard great things.

If so, looking forward to some great costumes.

Kcail1

Cool! The Internet just got smaller. My daughter (and I) are HUGE Star Wars fans .... I made her a Jedi costume. We saw the 501st at the Cincinnati Comic Expo this past fall. She LOVED the exhibit.

In fact, if R2D2 was there, I think she'd cry. She is obsessed with that little droid. We will defiantly stop by!

By the way... where is a good place to park? I heard parking was an issue in the past. We'll get there plenty early.

Regards,

Kcail1

The 501st has had an excellent presence there every year, except their placement at the entrance does kind of create a bottleneck!

I've been every year, and it's great. I drive down from Indy for it, and really enjoy it. I have a lot of friends down there, now, and it's become a tradition with my brother and nephews. I'm attempting to get some costumes done for this show, but until I have it solid, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and not jinx anything!

Sounds like a lot of fun, even if it's heavy on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and WWE stars...(not sure why they're con material). But the 501st was very awesome. My Jedi and my Winter Soldier self will be there, so I wish you luck on the costumes.

Kcail1

I live about 45 minutes away from lexington. Ive been the last two years. Its a great con. It gets bigger every year, I think they had to put it on two floors this year. I agree its a little heavy on the power rangers/WWE stars, but its a lot of fun none the less. And I did see a remote controlled R2 last year. I talked with guy for a few minutes, it was a pretty amazing thing, too bad I couldn't have take that home!

The con started with Power Rangers, it's kind of their thing. Wrestlers? Well, some of us here in Indy have been talking about that lately, and there is a lot of cross-over in fandoms, between comic book geeks and wrestling geeks. When you really look at wrestling, it has a lot of larger-than-life personalities,drama, action, and people in costumes that consists of tights and sometimes masks.

*shrugs* It's not my cup of tea, but I normally see a decent amount of people around the wrestling tables, so if it helps the con, and people enjoy it? I say why not.

About the PowerRangers and wrestlers... It doesn't matter to me if they are there and I do see the cross overs. Heck, I watched that WWE stuff when I was in grade school. I just figured Comics and Wrestling seemed a "different" combo.

I know the organizer started the con for his kid who is a huge Power Rangers fan. That's cool. Every con has to have it's own "flavor" I guess. And it's nice he was able to get the orignal Japanese stars to come.

Did you see Rupp is sharing the space with Disney on Ice? Imagine all the little Disney girls (and families) walking around with the Con folks. This is going to be hilarious. Now if I can make sure I get a parking spot and the weather is tolerable...

Two weeks... getting excited.

kcail

Oh, you want interesting? Gen Con in Indianapolis has shared a weekend downtown with both motorcycle rallies, and Colts games. I would love sitting on Georgia St. by the food trucks, and watching both the people in jersey's mocking the people in costume, and the cosplayers mocking the people in jerseys, and chuckling over the lack of self-awareness in both.

And now I kinda want tickets to Disney on Ice....

Oh, you want interesting? Gen Con in Indianapolis has shared a weekend downtown with both motorcycle rallies, and Colts games. I would love sitting on Georgia St. by the food trucks, and watching both the people in jersey's mocking the people in costume, and the cosplayers mocking the people in jerseys, and chuckling over the lack of self-awareness in both.

And now I kinda want tickets to Disney on Ice....

I have HEARD about that. Sounds like a hoot! As long as people were not taking themselves too seriously it could be fun. At Cincinnati ComicCon this fall, there was Oktoberfest going on down the street and THAT was amusing. People just kind of got over the fact I was in a costume and were asking me directions to the beer.

Lets just hope the weather holds its stuff together. March is always a ton of fun (not)!

Kcail

Nothing better than driving home to Indianapolis in pretty heavy snow. That's been my experience after at least two of them!

Either way, I'm hoping to have at least my A-Wing Pilot done by next weekend. I've only known about this since last fall, but true to fashion, I've waited until the last minute!

Hey! Had a great time... met the "Avenger" team I'd seen at other cons... very fun! Loved all the folks and the spacing was great! Plus, they had an awesome Photo-shoot "room" with a Tardis, DALEK and just SPACE to take pics and sit down/relax.

Hats off to Lexington Comic Con.... ya'll did it right.

kcail IMG_2551.JPGIMG_2534.JPGIMG_2547.JPG

I really did enjoy how they made the ticket area from previous years the "fandom area" this year, with space for the 501st, Ghostbusters, Mandos, and the like. It really helped with the bottleneck syndrome they had in previous years. The upstairs room was very nice as well, and I don't feel like the vendors up there got shafted in any way, just based on the crowds.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back