Lex Luthor Security Card - DONE!

Now, The original prop is actually a metal credit card. The back just has a barcode and magnetic swipe. What I was thinking is printing the graphics on clear sticker paper and adhering it to the card. If some would like to make this a group effort, I'd be in. one person can be responsible for getting the metal cards cut and another ofr printing the graphics.
What do you guys think are other options for adhering the graphics to the card?

This could be another "at cost" project and be a little more substantial than just a paper prop.

EDIT: Here's the back

This is a combination of fonts and tweaked w/ Photoshop:

luthorcorp.jpg

Anywhere in the neighborhood?

Steve

There is a border I just didnt' select that layer when I saved it as jpeg. Everything that the original has, my version has. Now, is there anyone that can produce credit card size pieces of metal? either aluminum or steel?

Depending on interest, I may do a limited run of these. aluminum colored styrene would be more affordable but aluminum would be more authentic.

I would be in for one on metal definately. If it could be on a resin/aluminum look alike plastic, I would probably go for one as well. Definately would like the metal better myself.

It should be fairly easy to do the graphics on clear water slide transfer sheets. You might want to break up the graphic into component parts when applying it to the card. It will make more work for proper placement, but I think one decal that large might just make for a lot of wrikles and bubbles.

I have one of those Epson Stylus printers that prints on printable-surface CDs and DVDs ( http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consume...es&oid=58654761 ). I love the thing, and use it to print on my DVDs that I burn. I've used it on some CDs with a silver printable surface and it looks great, the image has a slightly transparent look if it's not too dense. The printer has a tray that slides straight out the front that you insert the CD into. I wonder if it could be used to print on metal? I've been wanting to try printing on blank white styrene. You'd need to make a CD-sized "carrier" to fit into the printing tray to hold the card-sized metal piece (probably cut the carrier from a CD). Might be necessary for the metal card to be the same thickness as a CD, or have some packing underneath it that makes it the same thickness (assuming it's thinner - if it's thicker than a CD I don't think it would work). Maybe need to spray the metal with a matte spray to provide some "tooth" for the ink? I also don't know if the software will allow you to print where the hole is. I know it allows you to control the size of the center opening, but not if you can do away with it entirely.

Anyway, it's a thought.

Jim

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back