Lewis Gun (Aircraft Model) for Peaky Blinders

KillerRu

Hi there! I'm currently working on a new lewis gun. I'm totally new in the 3D modelling. Have ordered myself my first 3D printer but... Eventually I'll keep practicing and hopefully my skills improve... So here's my first work (For a Peaky Blinders cosplay):

Gun Body.jpg

Current standing:
20180301_154919_HDR.jpg20180228_194440.jpg

Attachments

• Barrel.jpg
    Barrel.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Body Parts.png
    Body Parts.png
    196 KB · Views: 144
  • Cooling.png
    Cooling.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Extra Parts.jpg
    Extra Parts.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Magazine.jpg
    Magazine.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Re: New trial

I'm a bit to a hold since I have no idea what paint I should use to coat it... Everyone says something else...

Hey fellow Belgian! is your cosplay for FACTS gent in April?
good luck either way :)

I think it turned out well :thumbsup .
Don't get disheartened with the lack of responses... i think the insta generation has killed this and many other forums ..
Keep up with the fusion work too. Being able to model it yourself sets you apart from the download and print crowd that seems to put a lot of old timers off....

Yeah bit of trial and errors as well as you do it yourself. Still it gives you a lot more satisfaction when you finished it all by yourself!

Your finish costume looks excellent. Your hard work really shines.

Thanks for sharing the build process.

-Ted.

How long have you been doing the 3D modelling and what program did you use to achieve your build?

Im looking to build one myself so to see other peoples efforts is always great,I havent got a 3d printer so will be more conventional in my approach and at present trying to put bits of the build together for when i start

When I made mine I used a toy dart gun with a close profile, added the stock off a toy rifle then pieces of plastic and pvc tubing.

I missed the start of this one, what a great build, you did yourself proud with that,
don’t be disheartened with not many responses on your build thread, I’ve just built an E-11 from scratch and I think I got 4 or 5 reply’s over 3 pages, if you enjoy what you do just keep doing it, if you don’t mind me asking but what was your paint process? It looks nicely weathered and would like to learn more about weathering

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back