I think Twilight Company has been my favorite Star Wars read EU or otherwise because the stakes are so small but the story is interesting. I’m a couple chapters into Alphabet Squadron and haven’t hit a wall with it yet so I’m interested to see if I’ll burn out on it the same way you did.

It's a joke dude. The point being that a conversation between a droid and 3 computers doesn't sound all that interesting.

Considering Lucasfilm had been making crappy content lately, I'd say it's pretty easy to blame them. Then again Disney may not be directly responsible but they also own the corporation who is responsible for it so making that distinction doesn't seem to matter all that much.

Considering Lucasfilm had been making crappy content lately, I'd say it's pretty easy to blame them. Then again Disney may not be directly responsible but they also own the corporation who is responsible for it so making that distinction doesn't seem to matter all that much.

Oh right, I forgot everyone hates The Mandalorian and the movies didn’t bring in billions of dollars.

What you said is simply your opinion and doesn’t really carry any weight as long people keep buying tickets, products, and streaming services to get their fill of Star Wars.

I didn't say all of it was bad. Besides I'm not delusional enough to think that my opinion would sway the decisions of a corporation. Though I'm far from the only one who feels this way with regards to how they've handled the property.

I didn't say all of it was bad. Besides I'm not delusional enough to think that my opinion would sway the decisions of a corporation. Though I'm far from the only one who feels this way with regards to how they've handled the property.

And there are a lot of people who believe the earth is flat. My point is that you can find a group of people that will agree on just about anything.

Disney is a multimedia conglomerate and they bought LFL in order to increase profit. You can demonize that as much as you want but they are a business and they are doing what businesses do. I‘d rather Star Wars be in the hands of someone like Disney that is successful and that sees the value of Star Wars and wants to do something with it rather than a sporadic release of a movie or game every few years.

I don’t think he should have sold. He should have hired someone (or a group of creatives) to run it for him.

But in business reality, with content distribution rapidly changing, it’s increasingly difficult to compete as an independent.

He had plenty of creative people throughout his organization and even before the Disney deal, Lucas has announced his plan to semi retire and had selected Kennedy as his replacement.

Found this blurb in Wikipedia.

In January 2012, Lucas announced his retirement from producing large blockbuster films and instead re-focusing his career on smaller, independently budgeted features.

In June 2012, it was announced that producer Kathleen Kennedy, a long-term collaborator with Steven Spielberg and a producer of the Indiana Jonesfilms, had been appointed as co-chair of Lucasfilm Ltd.[48][49] It was reported that Kennedy would work alongside Lucas, who would remain chief executive and serve as co-chairman for at least one year, after which she would succeed him as the company's sole leader.[48][49] With the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney, Lucas is currently Disney's second largest single shareholder after the estate of Steve Jobs.

Even some kind of halfway deal where he retains a modicum of creative control would have been decent. I personally wasn’t thrilled by the bullet points of his microbiology adventure for the sequels but I’m still interested in seeing his hands on things.

Even some kind of halfway deal where he retains a modicum of creative control would have been decent. I personally wasn’t thrilled by the bullet points of his microbiology adventure for the sequels but I’m still interested in seeing his hands on things.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lucasfilm recycles those ideas some time down the road. Perhaps even The High Republic will touch on some of that.

And there are a lot of people who believe the earth is flat. My point is that you can find a group of people that will agree on just about anything.

Disney is a multimedia conglomerate and they bought LFL in order to increase profit. You can demonize that as much as you want but they are a business and they are doing what businesses do. I‘d rather Star Wars be in the hands of someone like Disney that is successful and that sees the value of Star Wars and wants to do something with it rather than a sporadic release of a movie or game every few years.
I personally had no qualms about ROTS being the very last film. In fact I had no problem with Jedi being the last film. Not every film series has to last forever.

My issue has always been the piss poor quality of the writing. If they were going to continue it, then at least handle it with more care. Even if that meant more time between film releases because they wanted to get it right rather than churn out sub par product.

Plus it didn't matter if it was Disney or Filoni or whoever. If the writing was bad then I was always going to have a problem with it no matter who ran the company. If the writing was great I would be totally on board.

Where I feel they have succeeded is in the merchandising and marketing (largely). Some of the products they've produced has been absolutely stellar.

I think that is the wrong attitude. LFL should not be restricted to the creativity of one person, but instead, they should want to ask Lucas to consult on projects. Even if they don’t do what he suggests, at least they are exposed to the insight. It’s almost how it worked with Clone Wars. And it seems like to some small extent on The Mandalorian.

My issue has always been the piss poor quality of the writing.
Once again an opinion. Mostly when ai read these complaints, fans are whining about the story not developing in the way they wanted. It’s like saying Old Yeller is a bad movie because they don’t like the ending.

However what I don’t understand is this trend to bring in a director first, and have that person write the movie. Whatever happened to developing a script you want to make into a movie, then hire the best director to bring that story to the screen.

Star Wars theatrical films will be back. But honestly, I would not mind if they did not. But that’s not a dig at Star Wars, that’s my opinion of the theater experience. I don’t like waiting 2 or 3 years, paying near $100 for a family of 4 viewing, dealing with other morons that don’t know to shut up, put their phones away, and keep the baby at home, for just 2 hours of story. I’d be happy if they just did series or limited series from now on. They should have enough of them filming so that throughout the year, there is something new to watch almost every week. I think this Obi Wan limited series will be a better product than the previously planned one shot movie.

I think that is the wrong attitude. LFL should not be restricted to the creativity of one person, but instead, they should want to ask Lucas to consult on projects. Even if they don’t do what he suggests, at least they are exposed to the insight. It’s almost how it worked with Clone Wars. And it seems like to some small extent on The Mandalorian.
Also Rebels, the Sequels, and Solo.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back