That looks ridiculously bad! The article reads like it was soaked in sarcasm then rolled in sugar. :lol:
I love how it's presented like "we got Daniels, Williams and Tran!" instead of "none of the other actors were interested".
Thank goodness Disney stepped in to save the "franchise".

Eh.

The fact that the Holiday Special lives on in infamy and yet Lucasfilm is somehow trying to "redeem" it seems laughable to me at best. George himself was adamant that it should be eradicated from human history and the fact that the article even references this shows a lack of self awareness on Lucasfilm's part. I know by and large the LEGO films are very well received but why they chose to do the Holiday special or even reference it seems kind of absurd to me.

Plus if the rumors I've heard about this are true some fans will only hate Rey even more and Luke will be even further disrespected as a character, all under the guise that it's a joke to begin with. Some insiders supposedly claiming it's just an attempt to make a dig at the fans who didn't embrace the ST or Rey or Rose. Again these are merely rumors at the moment so I couldn't say for sure until it gets released but I will say it wouldn't surprise me.

I love how it's presented like "we got Daniels, Williams and Tran!" instead of "none of the other actors were interested".
Daniels and Williams are two actors who know the impact and influence of the Star Wars franchise, and they're almost the only two actors who will participate in basically anything Lucasfilm throws out there.

Daniels and Williams are two actors who know the impact and influence of the Star Wars franchise, and they're almost the only two actors who will participate in basically anything Lucasfilm throws out there.
We've all got to make a living, I'd take that paycheck in a heartbeat. I don't think either is as concerned about their "legacy" or even the franchise as much as enjoying their later years in comfort.

Daniels, Williams, and Tran...

I suppose they would be comparable to the parts of the cast referred to in the “....and the rest...” portions of the Gilligan’s Island theme song.

Last edited:
I think with Daniels specifically he IS protective of 3PO and his portrayal, not to say he isn’t doing it for the money too but a lot of it seems like him wanting control.

Daniel's built his entire career on it. I can't think of a single thing he's done outside Star Wars. Not that I fault him for it in the least, but I honestly have no idea what else he's done.

Last edited:
Well I think I remember one SW computer game where someone else voiced C-3PO and it was so OBVIOUS. So I don't have a problem. I can still remember playing Jedi Outcast and finding Lando and thought it was so cool that BDW voiced the character.

Hey look! Actual Star Wars news!
Know the

A lot of us fans celebrate Life Day on November 17th. It’s nice to see this embraced. The Lego Stars games and cartoons are always fun and even as an adult, I find them entertaining and very clever.

Even though the original Holiday Special was bad but the Fett cartoon was pretty good, I still love a lot of the toys Lumpy had in his room.

I was 9 when the special aired. If you didn’t live back then, you just don’t understand how starved we were for more Star Wars. I remember tuning into Donnie and Marie just to see the droids appear on one show. So because of just wanting to see some new Star Wars, I was just happy to see it. I didn’t even realize how bad it was. I expected it to be rerun again the next year and was surprised it was never aired again.

A lot of us fans celebrate Life Day on November 17th. It’s nice to see this embraced. The Lego Stars games and cartoons are always fun and even as an adult, I find them entertaining and very clever.

Even though the original Holiday Special was bad but the Fett cartoon was pretty good, I still love a lot of the toys Lumpy had in his room.

I was 9 when the special aired. If you didn’t live back then, you just don’t understand how starved we were for more Star Wars. I remember tuning into Donnie and Marie just to see the droids appear on one show. So because of just wanting to see some new Star Wars, I was just happy to see it. I didn’t even realize how bad it was. I expected it to be rerun again the next year and was surprised it was never aired again.

I'm using "I didn't live back then." from now on! :lol: I was a year and a half old, but missed it. I do remember when I was 3 or 4 hearing that Scott Hamilton was on a kid show and then being ticked it wasn't Luke.

“I’m probably one of many people who read Last Shot and watched Solo and fell in love with L3-37,” Williams tells StarWars.com. “She has this great design, she’s hilarious and dynamic, she and Lando had this amazing rapport, and then, Kessel happened.

"Many people" and "hilarous" really? HK-47 is hilarious and by borrowing his shtick, K2SO. Her? The only thing I thought was funny was when she started the droid rebellion, I can't recall the exact line though. I haven't found that many fans of that droid. I don't like or dislike her, but that's about as much of an impression that she made on me.

C3PO.jpg

He does. It's just not a moment I think really needs expansion into an entire short story given that it was only meant to give 3PO some levity which was pretty much the entire purpose of his character.

If I'm being fair though I remember loving Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, and Tales from Jabba's Palace and loving all of them when I read them as a teenager but I'm not sure I'd feel the same way now.

"Many people" and "hilarous" really? HK-47 is hilarious and by borrowing his shtick, K2SO. Her? The only thing I thought was funny was when she started the droid rebellion, I can't recall the exact line though. I haven't found that many fans of that droid. I don't like or dislike her, but that's about as much of an impression that she made on me.

Just because I’m feeling salty and want to stir the pot... I love L3 and can’t stand any BB unit or D-O. [emoji12]

Edit: just noticed how that looks sarcastic. I am serious. I find L3 far more interesting and entertaining than any droid from the sequel series. C-3PO included.

I just find it hilarious that this is worthy of a story. If this is any indication of the "exciting" new fiction we can expect down the line, then they may have just stumbled on a new form of sleeping pill. :sleep:

I said it before, I’ll say it again, L3-37 is awesome. My daughter and I both love her. I wish she had more screen time.

I checked out the audio version of A Certain Point of View of A New Hope from my library and listened to it back and forth from work a couple years back. It mostly fell into the same pile of sap that most the books fall into. I think they had a story for just about every cantina patron. The worse thing about most Star Wars novels are the needless way they have to try to explain every little detail you saw in a movie. There is even a story about the guy who sits next to Luke in the Yavin briefing and how other people confuse him with wedge. If there was anything good in the 40 stories, I don’t remember it because so much of it was awful. I don’t know why I keep trying these books. I guess because I can check them out for free.
Don’t even get me started on Alphabet Squadron. Couldn’t even make it half way.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back