Lets see your Marty McFly costumes!

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
Well having just spent countless £££'s on perfecting my Mal, Indy and Jack sparrow costumes and building the displays for them they are all at their final Versions and I see very little, if anything that I can do to further them.
So...It's that time again! Time for a new costume and Im going to start Marty McFly from the Back to the Future series.

Just wondered how everyone else has faired with this costume when they've tried it?
So lets see some pics to inspire me!

I have the same exact white/ checkered shirt he wears under the jacket and vest.

Actually went to a costume party at a bar on wednesday and there was a "Marty" not incredibly accurate but you sure knew who he was...
Working on mine should be done when the delorean conversion is done.
mike

I'd love to see a picture of your shirt. I've found a similar one, but I'm never content with similar for long :lol

I'm starting building the mannequin for it today, Im going to go for a similar pose to the poster with marty looking at his watch I think

Not super accurate - it's 40% thrift store, 40% ebay, 20% stuff I already had. You can't see it here, but I do have suspenders, the "Art in Revolution" button on, as well as a "Save the Clock Tower" flyer in my back pocket.
1747419048_4c4add0a78.jpg

This will not inspire you or anyone else...I promise! :lol

Probably the worst Marty McFly attempt, EVER! But I thought I might as well throw this one out there. :lol

This was from last year's Halloween. I am the only one who dresses up for Halloween in my office. I threw this together the night before (foam core hover board and all)...

I didn't look happy...

tony103106.jpg

This was taken with a camera phone, and put together to show another office what I did for Halloween.... This thing is so embarrassing... Not sure why I said 70% accurate, maybe I was talking about placment or something... that thing was horrid...

Please make jokes as you wish.... I deserve it! :lol

I always thought the prop and poster shots showed Marty wearing some kind of cool sci-fi headgear, but now I see it's just a pair of shades:

BackToTheFutureMikeFox.jpg

Looks like he's sporting a walkman in some shots, too.

I didnt know that, that's fantastic info, thanks very much.
That gives me something to shoot for when this starts getting more screen accurate.

I dont suppose anyone has any leads on one do they?
Or know any other brands or sources for other parts of the outfit?
I know the denim jacket and shoes and now the shirt, but everything else is just looking for 'close-enoughs' otherwise

I didnt know that, that's fantastic info, thanks very much.
That gives me something to shoot for when this starts getting more screen accurate.

I dont suppose anyone has any leads on one do they?
Or know any other brands or sources for other parts of the outfit?
I know the denim jacket and shoes and now the shirt, but everything else is just looking for 'close-enoughs' otherwise

I think the 'life preserver' is a goose down filled North Face body warmer from what I can remember from my own research a while back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back