Let's see those kit stashes (I know you all have them!)

skahtul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With the current situation, I find myself building models with a fever. It's my way to escape for a bit and still feel like I am doing something productive. I may be guilty of building up my stash a bit more than usual. Here is a quick shot of my current stash along with the two that are in progress.

20200420_221929.jpg

Working on my first Star Trek model, they are a different beast when compared to all the star wars models I have been working on.

Also, I intended to build that P-51 but wow, what a piece of crap. I must be super spoiled by all the Bandai kits because that thing was junk. I decided to finish it off anyway (I almost threw it out) and it will be my new testbed for painting and testing different weathering techniques.

20200420_222244.jpg

Let's see what else is out there, probably some cool older models nobody can find any more! Also, those of you doing the 5' studio flacons, your stash of bashing part's doesn't count :)

I've got a Tamiya M1 Abrams tank kit, an Esci M1 Abrams and HMMWV, several Tamiya and Dragon figures, and a Tamiya M113 APC kit, all in 1/35 scale. Also a couple of 1/32 car kits and a couple Metal Earth metal Tiger tank and P-51 Mustang models.

OK, here is my stash of W.I.P kits, un-made kits and the medical frigate which is almost done- thank GOD! since my kids 15 and 10 years of age are now home forEVER. UGHH! not much time for my hobby but I do get a little. I still have a few big boxes stashed away of more kits (not shown) to do.

someday I'll get to them.

anyway enjoy the pics.

thumbnail_IMG_3771.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3788.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3839.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3841.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3846.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3848.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3849.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3850.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3851.jpg

Last edited:
The larger stuff is so much more impressive looking and you can appreciate the details from a distance without having to get real close and lean in

I love the display cases and contents

I have to seriously rethink using 1/72 as my preferred scale :lol:

That frigate is sweet! I assume its a scratch build?

Really like those display cases. I still struggle with the best way to display all my stuff.

That frigate is sweet! I assume its a scratch build?

Really like those display cases. I still struggle with the best way to display all my stuff.

Thanks for the Kudo's ! at the finish line with this one. It's a resin kit from JPG Productions. I should have been done with this thing awhile ago.

as after as the display case - they are just modified Ikea detolf cases, I bought 4" feet (x4) to get them off the ground, then purchased bright white LED stripes 16.4 ft each X 4 - one for each cabinet. then went to home Depot and got 8 L shape channel for trimming (white plastic) with adhesive on the inside channel. cut the L channel exact from top to bottom for both sides left/right of each front cabinet door, then facing them inside of the glass door. Drilled a hole big enough to run the LED strip through from the front bottom left side. ran the LED going up threw the drilled hole on bottom the left side, across the top left to right, all the way down the right side top then down,and across the bottom left side opening. hard to explain. so now the LED strip face the back of the cabinet. then to the dollar store and purchased a case of black foam board cut it to the right height and width of the cabinet and inserted them in the rear of the detolf top to bottom. which now diffuses the light and no glare. maybe these pics will help explained a little better. it look a little time and ingenuity to figure how to get the best light without seeing any wires, cords, or the LEDs themselves and get full light coverage. and I also got them to since on one remote.

pardon my dirty glass display cases, they are in need of a good cleaning.

content%3A%2F%2Fcom.microsoft.office.outlook.fileprovider%2Foutlookfile%2Fdata%2Fdata%2Fcom.mi...jpg
content%3A%2F%2Fcom.microsoft.office.outlook.fileprovider%2Foutlookfile%2Fdata%2Fdata%2Fcom.mi...jpg

The larger stuff is so much more impressive looking and you can appreciate the details from a distance without having to get real close and lean in

I love the display cases and contents

I have to seriously rethink using 1/72 as my preferred scale :lol:

thank you, I seemed to have a little bit of everything in my collection. there's more. I need a bigger house!

thank you, I seemed to have a little bit of everything in my collection. there's more. I need a bigger house!

I hear that! I am just about out of room in my office/building space. I just talked to my wife yesterday about the possibility of getting some display cases out in the theater room and 'expanding' my collection :lol: I want to start putting movie props out there.

I really, really like your displays. I think they would look amazing in my room, going to need to use a few of your ideas, thanks!

I hear that! I am just about out of room in my office/building space. I just talked to my wife yesterday about the possibility of getting some display cases out in the theater room and 'expanding' my collection :lol: I want to start putting movie props out there.

I really, really like your displays. I think they would look amazing in my room, going to need to use a few of your ideas, thanks!

well, have at her! glad I could help. the way I lit these up are in my opinion is very clean/streamline esthetically . I hate wires and plugs sticking out everywhere, just too messy and unorganized. my OCD kicks in!LOL It takes away from whatever you are displaying. I didn't like the idea of sticking short LED sticks/bars on the glass edge as well, you don't get enough light where you need it. this way you get a whole light box without any glare, light bouncing in the wrong place, it's almost as if the display cases were glowing with out knowing where the light source is coming from, my next batch we be done a little different but same effect. the white color really helps the light bounce around as well. black would look good but not as vibrant. think they came out well? my son said I should do a tutorial on YouTube and how I did it.
yup, my wife is not too keen on me displaying my stuff on the main floor of our house, 2600 squ ft and not one inch is mine, well maybe a little in our office. luckily my basement is fully finished around a 1000 square feet all mine! my workshop, a full bathroom, theater, and a bedroom. etc. my man cave so to speak. I do change it up a bit with shelves and display cases keeping it fresh and as I add new Props, and models I've built it's nice to change it up a bit from time to time.
anyway if you have any question on the detolf cases let me know and I can try to walk you through in more detail on how I did it.
now back to the main question in this post, "what's in your Wallet, errr Stash"...

thanks again.

Last edited:
well, have at her! glad I could help. the way I lit these up are in my opinion is very clean/streamline esthetically . I hate wires and plugs sticking out everywhere, just too messy and unorganized. my OCD kicks in!LOL It takes away from whatever you are displaying. I didn't like the idea of sticking short LED sticks/bars on the glass edge as well, you don't get enough light where you need it. this way you get a whole light box without any glare, light bouncing in the wrong place, it's almost as if the display cases were glowing with out knowing where the light source is coming from, my next batch we be done a little different but same effect. the white color really helps the light bounce around as well. black would look good but not as vibrant. think they came out well? my son said I should do a tutorial on YouTube and how I did it.
yup, my wife is not too keen on me displaying my stuff on the main floor of our house, 2600 squ ft and not one inch is mine, well maybe a little in our office. luckily my basement is fully finished around a 1000 square feet all mine! my workshop, a full bathroom, theater, and a bedroom. etc. my man cave so to speak. I do change it up a bit with shelves and display cases keeping it fresh and as I add new Props, and models I've built it's nice to change it up a bit from time to time.
anyway if you have any question on the detolf cases let me know and I can try to walk you through in more detail on how I did it.
now back to the main question in this post, "what's in your Wallet, errr Stash"...

thanks again.

Where did you find that Chewie figure...!?

And Han, and Luke in his X-Wing gear, for that matter...

Where did you find that Chewie figure...!?

And Han, and Luke in his X-Wing gear, for that matter...

Hey Man, They are from the " Sideshow " and " Hot Toys " website. they sell all kinds of figures and statues. a bit pricey but very cool. most of what I have is out of production but can found on ebay and other re-sellers which makes them more expensive.

link -

OK, I'll reveal my stash
IMG_1341.jpg

Not shown;
Tamiya;
B1 French Tank with Single Motor
SGT. YORK Air Defense Model
Gamma Goat
T-55 and Bradley 1/35th RC Kit Projects

Kitty Hawk Grippen Fighter Jet
Airfix P-40 1/48 scale
BANDAI;
U-Wing
X-Wing
A-Wing

DUMAS;
USCG Rescue Boat with RC Package
O1E Cessna Bird Dog 40" Wingspan

Now I just have to tell myself do not buy anymore kits!...

Last inventory of the stash was on the order of 110 kits or so. About 40-50 are Sci-Fi (inc 8 1/72 X-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 5+ 1/12 Bandai figures, couple Vipers, etc., the rest are military and autos.

I sold off a TON of my Star Wars kits a few years ago, probably a dozen or more. I also have (un-built) a Studio Scale X-Wing and the Hasbro Falcon with all the 3D printed add-on extras, but I didn't want to dig those out of their boxes.

SSM4.jpg
SSM6.jpg
SSM5.jpg
SSM7.jpg
SSM1.jpg
SSm2.jpg
SSm3.jpg

12 minutes ago
Here's my list, with more still on my wish list. Planning for my retirement in a few years. these should keep me busy for quite sometime. Studio Scale Kits:
Nice N Y Wing (WIP)
Vader TIE Fighter
Red 5 X Wing
RZ-2 A Wing
Nexus 1/18 Snowspeeder
Other Resin Kits:
Randy Cooper Galileo
Don Shoko Reliant Conv
Scott Brodeen 31" Nautilus
Hasbro Conv Kits (In storage)
Clone Wars Y Wing (x3)
Tie Fighter
A Wing
AT-ST (The Black Series)
Millennium Falcon (28")
Factory Plastic Kits:
See Pictures Below:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back