Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - RESTART - Jan/2016

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Phase 2 - Shoulders!

So I was given the next piece of the puzzle - The shoulder armor for Cyrax - Going to try and make this out of foam so hopefully I did the editing on the pieces correctly.

***Please do not bug Elro for the files at this time - He will be releasing them as a full set once done - Thank you**

pc211334.jpg

It's funny from that angle of all the shoulder pieces it almost looks like a Iron Man faceplate.

I didn't notice that until you said something....hopefully it looks like shoulder armor when im done :)

LOL it does look like Iron man! I see you removed the inner ring on these, that should be one less headache for the foam xD Keen to see the result!

Right side pieces cut from foam......time for bed...assembly tomorrow night:

pc211336.jpg

Right Shoulder Done :

pc221338.jpg
pc221339.jpg

pc221340.jpg

pc221341.jpg

pc221343.jpg

Onto the left shoulder......then hopefully get started on the chest and back.

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Right Shoulder Done!

Ahh awesome! coming along very nicely + FAST!

What do you plan to do on top of the foam for this build?

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Udate: Back Done

Looking great, brother! Keep it moving. How many blades have you gone through so far, lol...

The foam I use can be cut with scissors :) So actually haven't gone through many, I only use a blade for the small cuts and angles - and I usually use the disposable razor knifes from the dollar store for that.

Does anyone still have the cyrax, sektor, and cyber subzero 3d models??? I'm in dire need of them so i can 3d print the armor with a high density plastic printer.

This build excites me! I can't wait until these files are released!

Looks like someone is trying to do what I originally started at the 405th.com. Here is some constructive criticism for you:

The model you are using for the pep work is not correct. Its the low poly version. So unless you know how to model or know some one else that does, its not accurate. There are a lot of details missing especially in the head.

Also I had to modify every piece before I made a Pep file as the original modelers were not taking into account that it could be one day worn as a costume. Not to mention there are a lot of parts that intersect on another on the model.

As for what you have built so far the shoulder piece is way too small and is gonna be disproportionate from the rest of the suit.

I've figured out how to fix all these problems and I may release the file in the future once my build is complete. If anyone is looking for the models try ripping them from the game or finding someone else who has.

I've been looking for these files for a long time now, and haven't had any luck. Honestly I just want the helmet, to build as a display prop. Maybe instead of telling people they're doing everything wrong, and not looking hard enough, you could offer CONSTRUCTIVE help. As in links to these files, and such.

I've been looking for these files for a long time now, and haven't had any luck. Honestly I just want the helmet, to build as a display prop. Maybe instead of telling people they're doing everything wrong, and not looking hard enough, you could offer CONSTRUCTIVE help. As in links to these files, and such.

:behave Actually I did tell you how to look for them. Read my post again and the answer is there. I didn't say they were doing everything wrong. I told them what's wrong with the model. I will provide no links to anything. I had to fend for myself and find everything on my own. No one spoon fed the answers to me and I did just fine.

Last edited:

YES the linings in this project makes me excited. Hope this comes out great!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back