Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - RESTART - Jan/2016

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Day 2 pics added

hey jaggerwolf i was wondering if i could get the files please id like to make this helmet also

Pepmaster and myself put the files together - The rest of the pieces are still inprogress, the Helmet is the only completed part so far.
I will be releasing the files to the public only when all are ready - This will be collated into a ZIP in locked PDO Format (sorry, but PDO theft for sale is a problem and I will only be giving out locked format - If people require different sizes (only after the release) I will do custom unfolds to match their sizing, once again these will be locked format).
Locked format ensures that the correct people get creditted for work, and is accompanied by a disclaimer that If someone has paid for the file to get a refund and to report the seller.

I have asked Jagger to not the share the file as of yet, but if you would like to get started on the helmet send me a PM and ill send you the file.

wich cyrax are you building, a movie accurate or one of the games?

ok looking forward to see this finished, take your time bro, i know its going to come out great :)

Tonights Progress - Only about an hours worth, lots of little pieces now wahooo.

pc151317.jpg
pc151318.jpg

pc151319.jpg

pc151320.jpg

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Day 3 pics added

Looking great, Joe. I'd go insane with all those little pieces. Maybe I should try one...

I admire your building skills man - this is coming along really nice and very sharp and neat. Can you take us through your scoring / cutting / gluing procedure?

I normally score all pages first, using red pen for valleys, blue pen for mountains, Then I cut out each page and place the pieces in the same order on spare paper. Once all cut i use scoth quick dry adhesive, and start gluing it up. My stuff turns out fine, just curious to your methods :p

I cut all my pieces out first - kinda rough cut them, then if its something with a mirrored side like the helmet I stack all the pieces in 2's - Then as I use a piece I cut all the little notches out - then lightly score the folds with a razor for good folds.

Then for glue I use DAP Weldwood - Contact Cement. I apply a thin lay to both pieces i'm joining, its dries really fast then you just press both pieces together and they instantly stick - So you need to be sure of where your joing or its pretty hard to separate without ripping.

For small parts I use a long set of forceps to be able to press the pieces together from the inside of tight spaces.

then lightly score the folds with a razor for good folds.

Ahhh, i started off pep doing that. I got sick of it cos I kept cutting through / tearing the pieces. It does give a much better fold though. I do long marathon sessions of PEP - fatigue gets in the way of scoring with a blade xD

I use to cut manually as well, till I found out about the silhouette sd machine. It's great u just print from ur printer and place the pep into the machine and it cuts and scores the mountain and valley folds. Go on youtube and type up silhouette sd pepakura. The guy on there explains in detail how to set up the machine and how to set up pep designer and viewer. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for the tip on the machine - I have looked at them before and just can't pull myself to buy one yet. Maybe if I ever get a good price on a used one :) Until then the old fashion way will get me by :)

Thanks for the tip on the machine - I have looked at them before and just can't pull myself to buy one yet. Maybe if I ever get a good price on a used one :) Until then the old fashion way will get me by :)

Im with Jagger on this one. Have seen them, want one - But cant justify the initial price + blades + carrier sheet prices. Im not a buisness, and I have bills to pay. Ill stick to 25c blades and a little bit of effort for now ;)

I was wondering if anyone would ever do this, i cant wait to see how it turns out!

So I finished the helmet tonight - I would definitely suggest anyone that builds this in the future to start from the front and work back, it was pretty tough to get the front on once I got to it.

When it was done I was not able to just slip it straight on I put a small slit right up the back about 4 inches - That gave enough of an opening to slip it on and it fits great.

So here are the pictures of the helmet - Now I will wait patiently for the next file...Hint Hint Hint :)

pc171323.jpg
pc171324.jpg

pc171325.jpg

pc171326.jpg

pc171329.jpg
Fits me pretty well
pc171330.jpg

pc171331.jpg
My daughter trying it on :)

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Helmet DONE!

Very nicely done. I hadnt thought about MK helmets.. Might have to make one for the collection.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back