Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - RESTART - Jan/2016

JaggerWolf

UPDATE - January 2016 - I have decided to revisit this costume and finally complete it. Now that I have found the missing files that I needed I have started trying to break them down into foam files, I think I am doing it right....at least it looks ok so far - New pics added in thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So as soon as my hand un-cramps from cutting out all the pieces I will start the helmet part of this build.

I huge thanks goes out to Elro for getting this to me even though he's busy with his own projects.

I shall start with a picture of all the pieces in their first stage of cutting.....I alway cut out the pieces this way...then I go back through and cut all the notches out and score them as I go.

I must say for this being a helmet it has a ton of tiny parts...should be a challenge.

Here we go:

pc121306.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build

Looks like you'll be having fun with this. Don't forget to credit me though lol, I sent the Cyrax, Sektor and Cyber Sub-Zero 3D Models to Elro, but they have done the break down and a lot of the unfolding since I just don't have a lot of time.

i dont see how people can do pepakura this way, i couldnt keep track xD
i rather cut it by hand and glue at the same time, this way i dont get confused with the parts

Yes thank you very much PepMaster not only for sending the 3D models their way...but also sending me Elro's way he was VERY helpful in this.

Looks like you'll be having fun with this. Don't forget to credit me though lol, I sent the Cyrax, Sektor and Cyber Sub-Zero 3D Models to Elro, but they have done the break down and a lot of the unfolding since I just don't have a lot of time.

Yeah I always have done pep this way......guess just getting it all cut out gets the less fun aspect out of the way for me :)

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress on this. Are you starting with the helmet?

Yes the picture above is just for the helmet, I hope to start gluing it together tonight if all goes well.

After that's all done I will be starting on the suit, either by pep if the files are done....or eyeballing it from screen shots.

Yeah there are quite a few small pieces to this one - time to get out the tweezers....the good news is both sides are a mirror image so it makes it a little easier to build in my opinion

Yes thank you very much PepMaster not only for sending the 3D models their way...but also sending me Elro's way he was VERY helpful in this.

Dont worry PEPM. Ive put your name in the PDO :D Need to talk to you to see if you need other information put in all the files as well (DA. etc.)

OH and yes, I always make unfolds symmetrical. I normally cut all the pages out - And lay the pieces in order as they appear on screen. It saves a lot of time looking at one join, then doing the same step on the other side - Because its easier to find the parts layed out on the pages.

Looks like my unfold was good! This is the first time ive ever seen pics of someone creating a PEP I fixed the model for / and unfolded :D very nice work / cuts / joining Jagger! :D

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Day 1 Gluing pics

Where did you get the pepakura file? I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Im guessing you are doing the mortal kombat 9 version? We've been slowly working the original version of sektor/cyrax

Yes this is the 9 version - Very similar to the one used in the online Mortal Kombat: Rebirth series. I have been wanting to do this since I saw it on the series.

Here are a few Mortal Kombat costumes I did way back when the second movie hit the theaters - before I knew about PEP :)

scorpion1.jpg
scorpion2.jpg

smokeh.jpg

smoke2z.jpg

smoke3.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality - these were taken from a video camera....this was also back before digital cameras hahaha.

Re: Let Mortal Kombat Begin!! Cyrax build - Day 2 pics added

hey jaggerwolf i was wondering if i could get the files please id like to make this helmet also

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back