Lesson Learned ... (Latex And Spraypaint)

Andre de Jong

Well i learned something today....

I used a Rambo/Arnold Torso and i Latex it.
After i put a layer of Prosaid on it and painted(brush) some basic stuf on it, i was thinking is it possible to use Spraypaint.

Well NO!

The new layer of Prosaide will not attach on the paint and wil drop down like water....

Man. Sorry to read. Always good to test new concepts on samples, not the actual piece (Not stating to rub it in but for others to perhaps learn from this mistake).

With that, I would suggest creating a sample, mirroring EXACTLY what you did to the suit in order to perform tests to counter the spray paint. The underlying material will not matter, since it was sealed with latex, so I would suggest something flexible to check for cracking with what you do next, like a foamie or old T-shirt. I'm wondering if you could simple lay down a thin layer of flexible rubber adhesive with a foam brush/piece of sponge, like Barge or DAP Weldwood Original Contact Cement, you could then then apply Pros-aide. I do not think trying to do a skim coat of latex is going to work and will more than likely delaminate. I would PM George and ask for a suggestion. Please report back and best of luck!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back