Lenses

Stefan Creed

Hey all!

Im hoping to start my first bio this week and ive been trawling through the forum looking for whats best to use for Lenses, but i cant find anything, anyone any ideas?

depends on weather you want mesh or lense..

plenty of guys supply mesh,,
if you want a lense perosnaly i used a motorcycle visor.. some guys depending on the bio have used sunglass lenses...

Hello ,

In my area there is a place called Tap Plastics.I have used a variety of there plastic sheets as lenses,then take wire mesh and wrap it around.All of my bios are for display so I just get a piece cut to 9" x 3".They have a wide range of colors to choose from and thicknesses.Usally I try and use 1/16" or less,but no thicker than 1/8" and bend it using a heat gun.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.tapplastics.com/index.php?

Hope that helps,Daren

Completely forgot about that one Anubis! Also, if you want to buy what is considered more film accurate mesh and tri-laser you can visit Don Jarrs website and send him an email from there. I paid about $13 shipping included for mine.

Wow! Thanks for all your help guys!
I got all the materials today to make a cardboard/putty bio using the same style as Ha'Khann's wolf helmet (hes been giving me advice lol) so hopefully ill get it started this weekend.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back