Leigh Whannell's The Invisible Man (Post-release)

What did you think of The Invisible Man?

• Total voters
Saw it. (some spoilers below)

Liked:
- Many surprising moments
- A decent twist

Disliked:
- A few moments of bad CGI
- The ending was odd. Should have just ended the scene before.

I watched it over the weekend and thought it was pretty good. Saw pretty quickly how you it can be seen(and go crazy), with people not believing you when someone is stalking/terrorizing you.

The only thing I didn't really like about it other than the odd ending HanSolo2187 mentioned above was when the stuff in the attic happens and she has evidence that she's being messed with. That being said, things escalated VERY quickly just before, when and after that so I get it, but still. If you're trying to prove your dead ex may not infact be dead and is messing with you and you get evidence that it's true I'd be holding onto that and show it to my cop friend as soon as that stuff settles down.

I watched it over the weekend and thought it was pretty good. Saw pretty quickly how you it can be seen(and go crazy), with people not believing you when someone is stalking/terrorizing you.

The only thing I didn't really like about it other than the odd ending HanSolo2187 mentioned above was when the stuff in the attic happens and she has evidence that she's being messed with. That being said, things escalated VERY quickly just before, when and after that so I get it, but still. If you're trying to prove your dead ex may not infact be dead and is messing with you and you get evidence that it's true I'd be holding onto that and show it to my cop friend as soon as that stuff settles down.
Good point. She found evidence and just ran off down the street, found an Uber, and went straight to his house. Probably could have called her cop friend (as you state) and show him the evidence.

Went in with middling expectations, thanks to the trailers, but once it began, was sucked straight into the story. Found it tense, creepy, with a couple of good set pieces and the ‘oh ****’ moment which had me exclaim out loud.(I never do that!) I really enjoyed it. Can gloss over the ‘but what ifs’ and ‘well I don’t think that would happen’ moments, as I enjoyed the ride and the denouement.

We rented this the other night. It was actually really good. I loved how they used tech vs. a serum to create invisibility. Lots of tension and suspense and the effects were good.

I watched this because I loved the original and mostly due to Elizabeth Moss being the main character, but unfortunately none of that could calm the urge to walk out on this turd. Clearly the director was drawing almost entirely on the "Me Too" movement and of course the moronic 'woke' wave in which white people are the root of all evil in the world. Not surprisingly, the white characters are just awful people beyond redemption or sympathy, put in situations that seem to have just been staged to show their privilege and nothing else. Typical Blumhouse stuff.
Other than those annoying messages, I couldn't ignore that the director ripped off Terminator 2 heavily - the climactic battle in a high-security psych ward, that’s either locked or unlocked, both depending on which is necessary to the story at the moment. Then there is the ENTIRE ending scene. Ughhh.

I watched this because I loved the original and mostly due to Elizabeth Moss being the main character, but unfortunately none of that could calm the urge to walk out on this turd. Clearly the director was drawing almost entirely on the "Me Too" movement and of course the moronic 'woke' wave in which white people are the root of all evil in the world. Not surprisingly, the white characters are just awful people beyond redemption or sympathy, put in situations that seem to have just been staged to show their privilege and nothing else. Typical Blumhouse stuff.
Other than those annoying messages, I couldn't ignore that the director ripped off Terminator 2 heavily - the climactic battle in a high-security psych ward, that’s either locked or unlocked, both depending on which is necessary to the story at the moment. Then there is the ENTIRE ending scene. Ughhh.

What other movie has blumhouse done that are anti-white people? Just curious. I hadn't realized that this was the obvious message..

Aside from it starting out a decent movie, with lots of great tension, it quickly imploded into just a plain bad movie. So bad.

What other movie has blumhouse done that are anti-white people? Just curious. I hadn't realized that this was the obvious message..

Aside from it starting out a decent movie, with lots of great tension, it quickly imploded into just a plain bad movie. So bad.
'Get Out'
would be the best and in your face example. I probably shouldn't have said Blumhouse but rather Jordan Peel specifically.

I dunno, I guess I just think it makes it a little less likely that someone would be staunchly against/"anti" what they themselves are.

It all depends on what you claim you are. My daughter is bi-racial. I’m white, my wife if black.

My daughter claimed to be white (though looking at her she’s not) her whole life. Up to the point she was applying for college scholarships. Then she became black.

It all depends on what you claim you are. My daughter is bi-racial. I’m white, my wife if black.

My daughter claimed to be white (though looking at her she’s not) her whole life. Up to the point she was applying for college scholarships. Then she became black.

My daughter did the same. Except it's her Great Grandfather who is black/ Moroccan, and all of a sudden she claims to be black in University. Granted, she and my wife get the best deep tans after spending a day in the spring sun. I kid you not, it's remarkable. Even the unexposed parts. Meanwhile, I have to spend 2 months under direct sunlight before I stop being translucent. Not that I need to be tanned.

What the **** is the topic here again?

Oh ya, the movie. It started out interesting if not a little slow to get into the story and then plummeted to the Earth like the Hindenburg. It got SO incredibly stupid and boring, and stupid, that I was relieved when it ended. 21st-century movie making storytelling at it's worst. Well, it could only have been worse if Steven Segal had been part of it.

This is how bad this movie is. More comments about what someone perceives as a movie with an agenda, and topics of racial biases.

This thread should be deleted and never talked about again. Along with the movie.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back