Leias blaster repair. Tomtit Cylinder?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Cameron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently grabed a Leia Blaster on the Jy. I need a Tomtit cylinder, both halves to make some repairs. Does anyone have a source for these?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Boba Debt

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My next project is going to be the Merr Sonn or Leia Blaster so I will be able to provide metal copies of the to all that need them :)

Boba Debt

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome news BD how soon you thinking until you make some up?

After I get all the parts on order for the ESB Project I will do a small pick up run of ROTJ Parts. Once that is in process I will get just the Radial Engine Part made and offer it several different ways.

Then it seems to be good timing that my Margolin is currently being molded, huh ?!

Markus

YES!!!

Any chance to get it cast in a really dense metal filled resin?

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
YES!!!

Any chance to get it cast in a really dense metal filled resin?

The resin I am using for my projects is a very dense material already!
I dust the molds with aluminum powder before pouring the tinted resin...didn´t have good experiences with making solid metal-filled pours, since the filler tends to sink due to its weight and collects at the bottom of the mold (in this case the barrel section).

I already discovered a bug in my current Margolin mold-setup since I molded it with the front sight added. While this won´t be any problem when I make solid resin casts, it will make trouble when I add a metal barrel, since the cavity for the sight is blocked by the aluminum tubing, so no resin can fill it. Will simply mold the front sight separately again :wacko

Also simplified the mold of the muzzle by filling the "slot" in it.
All that was planned as a "side-project" to avoid having to throw away left over -high end- silicone from my Schermuly project. that´s why I didn´t make that intricate molds as I did on my first run.

more info and details soon...

Markus