Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My daughter is going to flip for this:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/lego-dimensions

http://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news-room/2015/april/lego-dimensions

Lego-Dimensions-2.jpg

91XysxHBdyL._SL1500_.jpg

Ya, we'll be getting this. :lol

My wife LOVES these Lego games and plays with my younger son. My older son grew out of them! I think we have every Lego game there is!

I wish i'd gotten Amiibos when they first hit before they all went to ebay for huge bucks. I'd love this game but since it requires buying stuff on top of the game I think i'll pass at least for now.

Ya, definitely an annoying feature. But what the hell. :lol

So everyone but marvel again then?

Probably waiting to see how successful it is before shelling out for those rights again. If this picks up I'm sure they'll be available in a future round of level packs. To be fair, as far as licensed Lego games go, Marvel is one of their less successful properties. Star Wars, Indy, LOTR, and DC (Batman) all rake in the dough.

No sign of Star Wars yet...
Disney might be waiting it out.

We're big fans of the Lego SW & HP games, and are eagerly awaiting the JP one. I'm super stoked for this, but it does look like it'd be really expensive.

Well i said to hell with it and preordered the starter set and the BTTF set though i wish they'd put the Doc brown fun pack out at the same time. I'm tempted to get benny the spaceman since he's the old school space set i used to have as a kid lol.

Last edited:
Marvel's at least letting them have the rights for a Lego Avengers game later this year. I'd figure it's possible that since this is going to be competing against Disney Infinity there may be some reticence on Disney's part to let Star Wars and Marvel be part of it.

It's be cool if there were a way to incorporate custom built characters. But I'm betting the game element is stored in the base unit & you really don't need the minfig at all.

The base unit is a custom reader for the memory cards embedded in the minifig bases that identify which figure is on there and holds the save data for leveling up that particular figure. You don't need the figures, but unless you've modded your console so you can hack the game and access the characters that way you won't get far without them.

prefer the good ol bricks over the game :)

still play with them and have most sets of the first ten years of lego technic. some are becoming quite looked after sets these days hard to get

Ended up canceling my preorder, too many other special editions of games coming out and Christmas shopping to start. Blasted game companies have to put everything out in September and November.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back