Left handed grips for the Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster

CreechMagoo

Im wondering if anyone knows about or has created mirrored grips for the Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster. I personally shoot left handed and want to modify my gun to be unique to me. Im not very good at casting and don't have a 3d printer to possibly mock them up and then mirror them so Im just curious if theres anything out there already.

I’ve never seen LH grips in all the years I have studied the prop. It would be interesting to see how you could make that work with the left thumb hitting the right-side cylinder cover so even though I’m right handed I would still be curious to see that too.

I’ve never seen LH grips in all the years I have studied the prop. It would be interesting to see how you could make that work with the left thumb hitting the right-side cylinder cover so even though I’m right handed I would still be curious to see that too.
I think its possible the more i look at it. I got the blaster a couple months ago and am finally getting around to customizing it, do you know if there are any high quality 3d printable files for the grips? maybe I can find a local place to 3d print them mirrored and then just try out different casting methods

I would say it's possible, but not as easy as just mirroring them. The right grip panel maybe, but the left side panel where the Cylinder latch is, that will not fit the other side of the gun without serious modification. Probably easiest just to have them made custom.

I've had good luck finding artists on CGtrader. Particularly a fellow named Ivan Volobuev. I've hired him for a few different things. Here is his link on cgtrader:

Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a 3D resin printer though. :) I love mine. I've printed out BR grips in red, green, and orange.

I would say it's possible, but not as easy as just mirroring them. The right grip panel maybe, but the left side panel where the Cylinder latch is, that will not fit the other side of the gun without serious modification. Probably easiest just to have them made custom.

I've had good luck finding artists on CGtrader. Particularly a fellow named Ivan Volobuev. I've hired him for a few different things. Here is his link on cgtrader:

Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a 3D resin printer though. :) I love mine. I've printed out BR grips in red, green, and orange.
Thank you, but yeah I think the best course of action is just moving the thumb groove and adjusting the profile of the grips. Its more work than I thought it would be but I think it'll be a good learning experience trying to figure it out!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back