Left Handed Characters

Yes, the Waco Kid "claims" to shoot with his left hand although everything he does in the movie supports that he favors his right.
blazing2.jpg

I think he's a lefty wannbe. :p

I have really been hammered at work and no internet. I'll update the first post tomorrow. I really appreciate the help on this thread. Hopefully it will help others as well as myself.

BH

Ok updated. I have to rewatch Blazing Saddles to see if the Kid is a Southpaw or not.

I never saw Tron so I don't know if he is or not. The first version left such a bad taste in my mouth I refuse to watch this one.

And Patrick, if there are chocolate chip cookies around I am the Cookie Monster.

I know Babydoll from Suckerpunch which I just finished up is lefty with her gun, which is awesome because I'm also a southpaw, but I don't think that's gonna help you much lol. It's unfortunate, there aren't enough lefty characters.

She is only a lefty with her gun because she is actually right-handed and it is harder to wield a katana with your non-dominant hand than it is to shoot a gun.

I did find this list of lefty characters, though. Some were already mentioned, but there are a lot that weren't.

Not sure if this is relevant to the type of "characters" you're looking for, but John McClane in 'Die Hard' is a lefty.
I'm a lefty too, so I notice these things. Im pretty sure Bruce Willis is left-handed. I just watched Tears of the Sun recently, and noticed that his character held his rifle in his left hand. Also, Corben Dallas from 5th Element. You can clearly see it when he answers the door in the beginning and points a gun in some dude's face (it's been a while since I've watched it though).

Freddy Prinze Jr. is also left handed. The wife and I just watched the final season of 24 in which he plays a main character.

Isn't President Obama Left handed? Or am I just making that up?

Isn't President Obama Left handed? Or am I just making that up?

He is, as were Presidents Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Ford.

In fact during the '92 election, all three candidates (Bush, Clinton, and Perot) were lefties.

As an aside, because of our relative scarcity, a disproportionate number of high-level fencers are left handed. (The down side is that left handed fencers tend to have as much trouble with others of their kind as right handed fencers do.)

I have to disagree about Babydoll. She may be right handed but....I briefly studied Iaido and where I went would not teach left handed.

Removing the Kid til I watch the movie again.

Thanks for the list. I will be going over it for the next few days.

BH

Never seen Sucker Punch but...

I found this image of Babydoll using only one weapon (pistol) and she seems to at least prefer to use her left hand.

Sucker-Punch-sucker-punch-20811422-1280-800.jpg

Last edited:
Never seen Sucker Punch but...

I found this image of Babydoll using only one weapon (pistol) and she seems to at least prefer to use her left hand.

Picture

In this picture she appears to be favoring her right hand, and in this one she is definitely writing with her right hand. Maybe she is ambidextrous? My best guess is that they trained Emily Browning to use the pistol with only her left hand to save time in training, because she appears to always use the pistol in her left hand (like when she fights the giant samurai). Still, I would not actually say Baby Doll is a left-handed character.

Edit: I think the list was wrong about Neo from the Matrix. I did a quick Google image search and he doesn't appear to favor his left hand.

My best guess is that they trained Emily Browning to use the pistol with only her left hand to save time in training, because she appears to always use the pistol in her left hand (like when she fights the giant samurai). Still, I would not actually say Baby Doll is a left-handed character.

Makes sense to me.

Shooting an assault rifle upside down right handed and stopping bullets right handed, for now he is right handed til I re-watch the movie.

I'm keeping Baby Doll left handed.

BH

Ron Perlman is a Southpaw, so these characters must be:

Clay Morrow - Sons of Anarchy
Corin - Conan the Barbarian
Felson - Season of the Witch
Hellboy - Hellboy I & II
Reinhardt - Blade II
Johner - Alien Resurrection
Vincent - Beauty and the Beast

... and I'm sure there are many, many more!

Hugh Jackman always has his watch on his right wrist when playing Wolverine. Therefore, lefty!!
x-men_hugh_jackman_4.jpg

Given the previous post about Hugh Jackman's character in the Prestige being a lefty, I'm betting he and most of his characters are lefties.

South paws of the world unite!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back