Lee Kegan Halo 3 Battle Rifle TLC 21APR2011 Scope finished!

tubachris85x

Master Member
Well one Halo prop that I've probably pestered Lee about one too many times finally comes into my possession. I've always loved the Battle Rifle design, the covanent carbine being my next favorite weapon design. Lee did an outstanding job with this rifle and I couldn't let it go!

But I digress..this is, according to Lee, the first casting made, and I also believe to be the very same one featured on Halo Waypoint on Xbox Live.

002-108.jpg

Halo Waypoint image:

1772544-web_preview.png

As you can see, it's a little rough. The forward rail portion broke off, either during shipment, or was previously broken (looks like there was bondo or filler around the break) The forward beyonet attachment needs some reconstruction. Overall, I might repaint the upper reciever to the gunmetal color.

The scope is still in good condition, but just need to make the lenses for the front and back. Maybe even get a crosshair decal on one end. IDK, this should be a relativly quick re-furbishing!

-TC

Re: Lee Kegan Battle Rifle TLC

That's a rare bird right there. I was in Soaring Hammer when he made it and even I didn't get one (admittedly my own fault as I was offered one but still):lol

Re: Lee Kegan Battle Rifle TLC

That's a rare bird right there. I was in Soaring Hammer when he made it and even I didn't get one (admittedly my own fault as I was offered one but still):lol

Yea man. I definatly paid a high price for it, Lee didn't let it go that easy :lol
You definatly should have gotten one when you had the chance! Especially after what had happend..

Re: Lee Kegan Halo 3 Battle Rifle TLC

There we go. CA glue w/ accelerant does the job. Just needs some filler and sanding. I didn't mention it before, but the forwardmost parts of the rails weren't permanently attached (or just came off) but I secured those down as well and it feels a whole lot stronger now as a prop.

004-72.jpg

Not a whole lot to show today, but Im starting to focus on the scope. Initially, I was thinking about making it somewhat functional, but how'd I like to do it would just be too costly for what it is. So, Im going doing the next best thing for accuracy's sake. I took styrene and cut it down to fit on both ends of the scope. I took some quick steel epoxy putty and put a good amount on both circles. I haven't had the chance today since it cured to start grinding away, but I'm going to sculpt it down to form a faux scope lens (curved) and then I'm going to hit it with the accurate shade of blue.

004-4.jpg

I did some more spot filling today. I've decided that I'm going to keep it to it's original colors, and re-spray the silver. The scope will have the appropriate black dials w/ red highlights. I might paint the triangle details black though. Overall, I want to maintain the recognition of how it is on Waypoint.

EDIT: Just noticed the the in the Halo Waypoint image, the upper reciever is NOT painted, but still in it's primer state

-TC

Working on the lenses. The forward one is done being grinded and sanded. I need to paint the scope before I can attach them though.

016.jpg

019.jpg

The rear scope lens is just about done as well

-TC

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back