LED White Eyes For any Bio (Flashing eyes)

Pestvic

here Is what the wiring looks like. Its best to use Mesh as it defuses and Spreads the light through the eyes evenly. The MAIN thing is to angle and glue in the LEDs so the 30 degree angle of the LED is shining on most of the eyes.
(i chose 7000mcd LEDs so that it can even be seen in the day time haha)

(warning VERY BRIGHT, only used for flashing of the eyes. close your eyes to flash them for a second)

461246e4.jpg

The left side is for the LED's I mounted to the eyes with a momentary switch.

Here is a video of the eyes working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KURLlNcB5Q

Here is what the momentary switch I used looks like.

a65b77ee.jpg

And here is the wiring Diagram

ledeyewiring.png

(let me know if you guys need part numbers!) haha thanks for looking everyone! Glad I could be a part of this board.

OMG..That’s freaking Brilliant! I’m definitely taking this into serious consideration for my costume planning. Now, this is meant for wearing right? It would seem a tab awkward to have to place a thumb/finger inside the bio to flash the eyes..any plans on changing the location of the flash button?
~Estelle

those eyes are awesome! u have part numbers or where you get the materials so save me some time? Thanks in advance!

do you mean the type of mesh? cause i can definately give you that info i have a ton left haha. if anyone needs me let me know maybe i can sell some off for really cheap. but im not sure ive been on the board for two months yet to sell :p

edit: ohh you meant the LEDs and switches and all that right? i got it all from radioshack. let me dig up the packaging it all came in then ill post some part numbers

OMG..That’s freaking Brilliant! I’m definitely taking this into serious consideration for my costume planning. Now, this is meant for wearing right? It would seem a tab awkward to have to place a thumb/finger inside the bio to flash the eyes..any plans on changing the location of the flash button?
~Estelle

yes its definately meant for wearing ;) the plan is to move the wiring for the switch into the gauntlet in the future, but i wont have all that ready until i get my full suit of armor :p i already have a plan for the wiring to go through the oxygen lines but still be detachable with magnets so you can still take the mask off

yes its definately meant for wearing o_O the plan is to move the wiring for the switch into the gauntlet in the future, but i wont have all that ready until i get my full suit of armor :p i already have a plan for the wiring to go through the oxygen lines but still be detachable with magnets so you can still take the mask off :rolleyes:
Sounds like it’s going to be sweet once completed! It’s definitely gonna’ be a crowd pleaser for sure. I can imagine Con. Attendees freaking over this already! My first costume is going to be based off the P1, I think this would set it off perfectly.
~Estelle

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back