Led Strip Lighting???????

Constantine

Hey Guys,
What led strip lighting do you guys recommend? I am thinking of buying them buy the role. Mainly for various starship builds in the 1/350 scale, TOS, Refit, NX-01 and even the Revell TOS 1/600 How many lumens, fields, brand and where to buy? How many leds per feet?

Thanks

I have tried a bunch of different styles, and really like the ones with rubber on the outside. They seem to hold up well and are not as flimsy, at least for me.

I typically grab the 5m roles of what ever Amazon has to offer, they have a total of 300 LEDs. Not sure how bright they are. Others may have different experiences but I have tried 3 different brands and never had an issue with any of them. Current batch are from Amazon and the brand is Tasodin, however it’s probably just as good or bad as the next Chinese brand. I have them in my display cases, daughters room, my office and several models.

Size and what you want to do with them helps dictate your answers..

Do they need to be different colors? individually addressable?

For the most part (in these scenarios).. leds are leds... so whatever color and size they fit your current model needs are fine.

There are things like lumens and viewable angles..etc.. and of course individually addressable leds/strips need a micro-controller to 'animate'..

So really what you want to do is more helpful to give advice.

Agree with the above in terms of the individual, I bought mine the same 5m roll from amazon. Then decided the project would pop a bit more if I could do different effects and so on, so changed to individual to go with an arduino to program.

Thanks guys. I did get some similar to what Trek Works uses. Just going to try it out on some simple builds and see how I like it. P.S. if you see a giant mushroom cloud in the Midwest you know I did something wrong. ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back