LED Strip Help

Abeworks

Jr Member
Hey all

I got this strip of LEDs and this is my first time wiring anything. Most the ones I saw, had clear cut lines, but these dont, I was wondering if someone can help me out here on where I am supposed to cut, and apply the solder.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Wire.jpg

Yup, that's it. The solder blobs are there for hooking up the cut segments. As Andy said, you can also see how they are organized in sets of three -- they are actually wired in series, three LEDs in a row and a single ballast resistor for the model of strip you have, making it 12 volt compatible.

Yup, that's it. The solder blobs are there for hooking up the cut segments. As Andy said, you can also see how they are organized in sets of three -- they are actually wired in series, three LEDs in a row and a single ballast resistor for the model of strip you have, making it 12 volt compatible.

I think what bothered me was the fact that when i cut those silver little things in half, its not a lot to solder onto

Yeah, that's the problem with those. But...if you aren't trying to salvage the part you are cutting away, then cut on the far side of the blob. It's the same electrically; all the traces will be from blob towards LEDs/resistor.

Yeah, that's the problem with those. But...if you aren't trying to salvage the part you are cutting away, then cut on the far side of the blob. It's the same electrically; all the traces will be from blob towards LEDs/resistor.

so what your saying is cut just above the blobs, and sacrafice the next three leds for the sake of having more of a solder point?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back