LED Lightsabers for Star Wars 3.75inch action figures.

iggywhite

Can anyone help me to identify the LED's and batteries this guy is using to coble these together?

I know nothing at all about LED's, so if anyone wants to plop down some know how, I'd severely appreciate it.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The LEDs look like MBI Matchlights with the rubber sheath cut off. The link is to an old Indiegogo campaign for an emergency LED that lasts for 8 hours and is then disposed of. I don't know if the design is proprietary or if they're assembled from existing parts. Unfortunately it looks as though they were a one time offering, but maybe someone who knows more about this stuff than I do has a better idea.

I've done further research, and I think I've narrowed it down to either a cr322 or a cr435 lithium pin battery. I still know next to nothing about any of this, so if someone has anything to add, I'd be more than delighted.

Yeah I think you're onto something with those batteries. Further googling reveals they're used in several products eg fishing tackle and archery nocks. They're probably used in all sorts of stuff. Very cool little gimzo, I've never seen anything like it before.

thanks for recommending those. it seems like those have a on/off switch, which is perfect for me. It'll take a bit, but I'll post up once I get these hashed out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back