Leather Waeathering (Say THAT 10 times fast!)

Evilboy

I have a leather bandolier I need to weather for my sons Jawa costume. This thing is pristine WWII replica and I have not weathered leather before. Any help would be appreciated!

I distressed a new flat looking Darth Vader leather belt by basically bending it and mangling it ...twisting in as many directions as possible....this gave the smooth surface an aged wrinkle look.....i then went over it with a mouse/detail sander and 80 grit paper......paying special attention to the edges of the belt and randomly leaning harder on the surface...then more twisting....

Worked really well!

Rich

Bending and twisting and a scotch brite pad. Less dangerous than sandpaper, gives it a more natural look.

I've recently been weathering my ghostbusters boots, and I found the best thing to do was just to wear them to work for a couple of weeks.

Although this is probably not an option for you, so x2 on the mangling and maybe a few cycles of wetting it, drying it , beeswax. And maybe let it sit somewhere dusty, if it's a jawa costume maybe drag it though some sand repeatedly Depends how aged you want?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back