League of Legends - Cinematic Leona

sammiru

So I've been on the fence about this costume for a long while. I've never built any props that big and my experience with armor is fairly limited, but I figured this would be as good to learn on as any costume. I've decided to roll with EVA foam and I've also picked up some of Tandy Leather's new Terraflex thermoplastic to play with. It's going to be slow going, my goal is to have it done by Salt Lake Comic Con in late September. To gather references I downloaded an HD version of the cinematic and watched all relevant parts of the video frame-by-frame to get as many shots as possible. Here are just a few out of the MASSIVE collage I made:

highlights.jpg

The first thing I decided to make was the breastplate. I used a duct tape dummy to get the pattern and then transferred it onto my foam. Cut out the pieces, did a little sanding to soften some of the edges, roughly heat formed some of the pieces and then put everything together with contact cement.

base.jpg

For now it's held together at the seams with tape until I can get some Neodymium magnets.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back