League of Legends Blood Moon Jhin Mask WIP

PaperForProps

Hi! I'm new here and I would like to share a work in progress I have. It's the Blood Moon Jhin Mask from the game League of Legends!
It all started with the splash art I saw in-game, it blew me away.

blood-moon android-iphone-desktop-hd-backgrounds-wallpapers-1080p-4k-uqjex-1920x1080.jpg

So I got to work and started by 3d modelling a base mesh using the free online sculpting app called Sculpt GL.
It turned out better than I expected considering Zbrush wasn't an option (too expensive). I also invested in a digital drawing tablet so I could sculpt with more precision. My sculpting improved tenfold!

edf.PNG

Then I imported it into Blender and retopologized the model to something more low poly.
After that I opened up Pepakura and unfolded the model into a simple template that could be used for foam or cardboard. I was going to use a thin cardboard for this build.

FRONT AND SIDE VIEW IN PEPAKURA:

ecce.PNG

erf.PNG

And now for the fun part! Printing, cutting and glueing. It's time consuming but I think the outcome was worth it.
It took me about 5 hours in total but I managed to finish and see my mask come to life :D.

ffrd.png

reft.png

The final build ready for hardening and smoothing.

ERW.png

I love how the helmet came out and I'm ready for the next steps. I'll keep you guys updated!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.