Le Petit Prince (little prince) 3D painting

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by Contec, May 17, 2012.

1. Contec

Contec Master Member

First a little backstory: My best friend recently became a mother and she asked me if i could make a couple of paintings for the baby-room. She had seen two cute paintings at the maternity hospital and taken pictures with her phone on them.
    So i took the picture into Photoshop and retraced all the different layers and then made templets to cut out from felt and paper. She loved them.

Original
    [​IMG]

My work...
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm going to surprise her with another one that i just finished
    And that is Le Petit Prince (little prince) or Lille Prinsen in swedish The Little Prince - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I happen to see that she had the book in her bookshelf a while back and when i made those two other painting i remembered it.

I based my sculpt on the cover of the book:
    [​IMG]
    The sculpt is made from Super sculpey that I harden with my heatgun.
    This is the first time i was able to sculpt a face so that it really looked like a face.:)

I have the habit to overthink things that i make and that only makes it take too long time to make, with this build i started to think that i should add a couple of Leds inside the volcanoes just for the "lava effect" but thank god i scratched that.
    I made a tiny rose that i stuck onto a wire and made the glass cover from a plastic candy container. Everything is painted with acrylic paints.
    After it was ready i hot glued it to a canvas frame that i had painted the background on. The whole frame is 8x6 inches. The prince is just a little over 2 inches long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.