latex: where do i find the stuff?

berserk wolf

does anybody know where to buy the latex mix? cuz i'm planning on buying a wet suit and building up on it from there for my fan film "Predator: Vengence" (look at my 'About Me' section on my profile for the synopsis if you're interested! XD ). Can you guys help me out? Thnx much

-Berserker Wolf

Where in SoCal are you? There are a number of FX supply houses here that we buy from. Try Nigels in North Hollywood. Burman Industries in Panorama City ( Van Nuys)

not really sure. Most of us FX guys are in the Valley ...the places seem to cater to that. Check out the references I mentioned ..they are close..shipping wouldnt be much

Didnt ..was working on a feature the first few days ..then had to leave town to visit a sick relative
i c. i didn't go either. dad promised me he'll tke me next year. which is a good thing since i'm dressing up. he'll be my crew member. and lol when i told my younger sis, she was all like "i wanna go as batgirl!" i really want to see what my suit will look like when it's finished!

I think Silpaks main hub is out near San Berdu... somewhere out that way at least. If you go Silpak, get the RL-461 (all others are either too thick or too thin) and tell them you want the most recent Lot #... they may only do Lot #'s on 5 gal. quatities, but if they do it on smaller amounts, demand it.

I've had such bad luck with silpaks product ..I hate their latex and there resins are strange ..and a bit expensive. Not trying to rag on them ...Just my experience has never been good. They are honestly the closest supply house to both my house and our studio ..I'd rather go to Burmans

I've had such bad luck with silpaks product ..I hate their latex and there resins are strange ..and a bit expensive. Not trying to rag on them ...Just my experience has never been good. They are honestly the closest supply house to both my house and our studio ..I'd rather go to Burmans
Wow, that's odd George... I actually prefer Silpak's latex to Burmans... guess it depends on what you're doing, but I get better pliability with Silpak's latex... plus better price always helps too, but I switched last year after trying Silpaks and liked the way it cures and its flexibility... very odd... About the only thing I get from Burman anymore is Ultra-cal and Wed Clay... I have not done much with Silpaks resins, however, so can't speak for those I do use their foams with pretty good success... Certainly better than Smooth-on's.

ha .. actually Latex is one of those things that are never quite consistent when you buy as much as we do. While Silpak is not one of our preferred suppliers, Even Burmans has ended up with some bad mixes now and again...we often rotate between Nigels, Friends and Burmans for latex. Burman's 808 resin is our preference for plastic and usually we get our clay, foam, foam latex thee. Silicone we get at Nigels as most of our makeup and effect ingredients ( fllocking, colorants etc) I guess the point is for our young hunter here is that he lives in Socal ...lots of places to get FX supplies from

is there ny specific stores around here then?
UHHH.. did you not just read any of what George and I just posted... Lot's of options for you! Guess it depends on what you consider "around here"... if you mean in your neighborhood, probably not, unless you live by George or where George or I work, but around here is a relative term... compared to the middle of Kansas, you're close to about as much supply as you'll ever need.

UHHH.. did you not just read any of what George and I just posted... Lot's of options for you! Guess it depends on what you consider "around here"... if you mean in your neighborhood, probably not, unless you live by George or where George or I work, but around here is a relative term... compared to the middle of Kansas, you're close to about as much supply as you'll ever need.

so hollywood then?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back