latex shrinage?

munson

Hi all, I have a question pertaining to "latex shrinkage". I have my cod piece/belt pretty much sculpted up [pictured below]. It's 44" in width and about an 1.5" in width at the ends. Where the cod piece is, that part is 14" from top to the bottom part. If latex shrinks at a rate of 10-12% total, it would drop the overall width to about 38.5%. The end parts would drop to just over 1.25% and the cod piece itself would go from 14" to 12.25".

Am I right so far?

The thing that stumps me is that I'm going to be sculpting a rear piece for the belt. The rear piece would hold two daggers. Would I just sculpt the rear piece to fit over the belt? For example, would I make the end parts of the rear belt bigger that way when they shrink it would hug the actual belt. I'm sorry if I lose anyone, I just want to have any tips or ideas on how to accomplish attaching the rear belt to the cod piece/belt.

TuskCodpiece7.jpg.gif

Through some searching, I found that latex usually does shrinks at a rate of 10%. So I can estimate that the belt will be about 38 to 39 " in length. Next I still have to think about how do I connect the back piece to the front piece without making it look "weird" and "out of place". I could make it that it just slips over the belt or attaches to it. Basically I guess I want to end up doing what Antcarb did with his Mr. Black belt. Any tips or advice? I want to lay down how I'm going to do this before i start sculpting the back part.

Thanks for looking.

I guess I could just attach an adjustable T-lock belt to the inside of the cod piece/belt, that way the latex belt would be adjustable? Here a pick of the belt I would use:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Me...Y_SEQ_103911480

I could then make the rear part [dual blade holders] so that they just hand on the cod piece/belt, that way it will cover where the t-lock adjustable belt is?

What do you guys think?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back