Latex predator costume maintenance

Tlrcarl

Hia all, i'm looking for some guidance or knowledge regarding my Latex predator costume
ive had it for around 2 years now and for most of that its been on a mannequin, I think ive only had it on about 2 times and that lasted all of 5 mins lol claustrophobic you see.
yes I hear ya... what type off plank buys a full latex costume hehe
now ive try searching can find loads about making but not a lot on how to keep and maintain my latex costume.
like dose it degraded over time, and if so how long is the life of latex.
what can I do to look after it or maybe slowdown the degrading process.
don't no if this is right but was told to spray it with silicon spray from time to time.
and some colours on my costume are cracking when you pinch the latex with your fingers where as other colours you pinch are ok and are not cracking.

any info be a great help, thanks carl

oh no ive post this in the wrong place... sorry please move

Last edited:
one good solution babypowder wrap the babypowder inside the costume keeps the latex good against cracking and other stuff its cheap and you only have to repowder after each wearing keeps the suit good greetings

Yes, the latex will degrade and will get to a point where it will rot to pieces, there's no stopping that. As was mentioned by Cyberstorm, you can dust the inside with baby powder. The silicon spray, I've also heard of people using that, but I don't know if that should be applied on the inside or outside...or both.

Yes, the latex will degrade and will get to a point where it will rot to pieces, there's no stopping that. As was mentioned by Cyberstorm, you can dust the inside with baby powder. The silicon spray, I've also heard of people using that, but I don't know if that should be applied on the inside or outside...or both.
it depends if the suit is painted or not only inside if its painted because outside the powder cant go trough the paint if unpainted you can do in and outside anf i can know it have 24 latex masks and 2 silicone and even the silicone mask i use babypowder only inside because the cracking always start inside to the outside because the most pressure comes from the inside going to the outside but if your inside is smooth its prevent the cracking or tearing going too the outside i hope that sounds logical correct me if i am wrong greetings

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back