Latex painting!

Lee1

Hey guys

OK on the advice of some of you helpful lot, ive got a PM into Jay on some quotes on a half mask paint up :)

Pending Jays quote and what else i ave to buy (dreads,rings tri laser etc), im researching the tech on Latex mask painting!

Heres how i see it

Ill need maybe a 9 color paint set from Monstermakers, along with a bottle of Permawet to seal?

I think i can get a good range of hues with the 9 color set, anybody used them and able to comment?

I also gather ill be needing a cheapie external mix brush (all mine are rather costly gravity internals by Iwata and Tamiya so i wont be using them lol) to shoot the paint once mixed?

What kind of working time does the paint have..i mean, if im to do a mix, does it go to gloop in very little time being acrylic and with latex?

Im good to go on a Bio, painting resin isnt a problem and im looking at something pretty cool on the Bio front, im just lost on painting latex lol.

Any tips would be great guys, just want to bag the best gear for the job TBH!

bests...and thanks for having me.....lee

Hey guys

OK on the advice of some of you helpful lot, ive got a PM into Jay on some quotes on a half mask paint up :)

Pending Jays quote and what else i ave to buy (dreads,rings tri laser etc), im researching the tech on Latex mask painting!

Heres how i see it

Ill need maybe a 9 color paint set from Monstermakers, along with a bottle of Permawet to seal?

I think i can get a good range of hues with the 9 color set, anybody used them and able to comment?

I also gather ill be needing a cheapie external mix brush (all mine are rather costly gravity internals by Iwata and Tamiya so i wont be using them lol) to shoot the paint once mixed?

What kind of working time does the paint have..i mean, if im to do a mix, does it go to gloop in very little time being acrylic and with latex?

Im good to go on a Bio, painting resin isnt a problem and im looking at something pretty cool on the Bio front, im just lost on painting latex lol.

Any tips would be great guys, just want to bag the best gear for the job TBH!

bests...and thanks for having me.....lee

You could use acrylics + adhesive instead of buying more expensive paint from Monster Makers. Just go to your local arts and crafts store and pick up some of those tubes of acrylic paint. For an adhesive, pro-adhesive should do the trick, which you can buy from Monster's.

Thanks bud, sooo seeing as i have enough Tamiya acrylics to sink a boat, can i use them to shoot over the pro adhesive, this way i can guarantee i get the hues im looking for as Tamiyas mix up very well! Also as a plus i can use my brushes i know so well!
From there i take it i seal with Permawet?

lee

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back