Latex painting Airbrush Prosaide Createx mix ratio

NeXus 61

Hey all, this is NeX from germany writing and I would say first of all that my english language skills are horrible, but because I really like the friendly and helpful interaction in The Hunter's Lair I hope to be part of this (english writing) community!

Ok, I started with reading a lot of the threads with all the different experiences and deceided to start my own Predator project.

I talked and ordered a head and mask with Termokk. So far so good...
At the same time I bought a Mr. I Suit and 5l Latex & Airbrush eqip., some other stuff.

After reading a lot about airbrushing & ask som of you, I learned the below, AND PLZ CORRECT ME if i am wrong.

After coating the Mr. I Suit about 144 times with Latex ... and style & arrage muscles etc. I have to
- cover the whole Latex suite with Prosaide (still found no european/german product equivalent)
- mix Createx colors 1 : 1 with Prosaide (it becomes like the Pax - product?)
- put everything in the airbrush and paint like crazy
- let it dry and cover again with Prosaide (then always in between each layer of paint)
- after finishing with painting (ask board for opinion & feedback) then seal the whole suit with Permawet (damn what is it called in germany?)

Is that the correct way to to it!?

Thanks in advance!
NeX

I'm almost positive you don't have to lay down a layer of prosaide in between colors. Your best bet would be to get the prosaide and permawet online.

I don't know if this is any help, you could contact Mouldlife in the UK, they sell a product called Aquafix, it's their version of Pros Aide, but cheaper.You can buy a product called Liquitex gloss medium and varnish which apparently works like Permawet, I don't know about postage to Germany though.

If you haven't already bought a load of colours I would suggest using FW Inks. You can airbrush them straight onto the pros-aide covered mask, no need for mixing. Once the colour has dried, mist another coat of pros-aide over it and go at the next colour. Works well and is the cleanest and easiest way to do it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back