Latex Opinions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BranHeadhunter

Can any veterans give me some opinions on different types of latex products? I've got my "Mr. Incredible suit" like MacGuyver suggested, and I'm taking my time creating the best muscle tone of my preference but I'd like to see some differing opinions on which latex could be used. Thanks.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jsweeney

Hey bud, I did the mr I process and it worked out great for me, I'm not able to give you any advie on picking latex, as there are different brands.
However you need to make sure you apply the add ons to your suit. Such as cotton, styrofoam beads and upolestry foam, as you literally need to form everything to improve areas such as the abs and different muscle shapes,

Have a look at my avp predator wip thread there are pics and notes as I want.

Best of luck

hannay07

Jr Member
I am using the latex from monstermaker.com for making my hands and feet. It works pretty well and cures at a decent rate.

chingonaz0

I was wondering what the difference was between the $35 rubber latex n the expesive monstermakers stuff. I mean after all we do need a gallons worth.

chingonaz0

what about something like this?
http://undergroundgadgets-20111103-230.hostedbyamazon.com/Latex-Rubber-Molding-Casting-Gallon/dp/B006XET2UQ?ie=UTF8&id=Latex%20Rubber%20Molding%20Casting%20Gallon&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=3377193011&searchSize=12&searchNodeID=3377193011&searchPage=1&searchKeywords=latex&field_keywords=latex&class=quickView&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchRank=salesrank
would it work?
I didn't get it for fear of it not working, although I was very tempted too.

chingonaz0

do these same latex's work well for repairs also? any tips on prepping a tear to repair with latex?
from what I've done myself yes. every latex I've used for a build also worked for my repairs. When I prep I just make sure the area is as clean as can be so the latex can bond together. again I'm only speaking for what I have done myself. someone else may have something differnet to say.